Thursday, August 28, 2008

fall quilt top and amy butler patterns

i finished the fall quilt top and i have some left over fabric... sooooo i'm making a fall banner like my freedom banner...kind of excited! and remember my skirt made out of sheets? well this time i'm making the A-line skirt out of a clearance drapery for a window, it cost me $5 (i know a little on the costly side for me)
and then i got me this pattern and i've had this fabric sitting there and i haven't used it for anything yet cause i love it so much that i'm a little stressed to use it...so i just stare at it and pet it every couple of days...but i think a little handbag might be cute...or maybe i'll just wait cause just thinking of cutting it up is giving me hives...see sheets are so much easier for me to use! i should just stick to cutting up sheets for projects and petting and admiring other "real" store bought fabric!

6 comments:

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Oh I love your fall quilt top! it is lovely!

Melanie said...

I love your fall quilt. I want one too. I also love the curtains that you are going to use for your skirt. Too cute.

Marie said...

WOW! You make me sick! I wish I could do have the stuff you do.

Becca said...

um, I just wanted to confront you about the blog you posted regarding mint/chocolate creamies...do you honestly expect me to be satiated from a simple fudge bar after being introduced to such delicacy? I've now eaten half the damn box and blame you entirely. They're delicious.

Brooke said...

Hey Vanessa...
I've made three of Amy Butler's Birdie Sling bags...so easy and super cute. So, go for it...cut up the good fabric and make a great bag!
Brooke

Holly said...

your quilt top is beautiful. I love fall colors. good job.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin