Monday, August 25, 2008

second hand find and some lampshade lovin'

so my fabulous friend who just so happens to be a professional quilter was in the town 45 minutes away and she gave me a call from the second hand store "i have a table here for behind the sofa you want it?" "is it wood and can i paint it?" i ask "yes" she says "okay buy it! love ya!" uh yeah i don't even need to paint it, look at that blue i love it!!! so i called my friend that everyone thinks is my sister cause we kind of look alike and say "i've got a table for you that you need to see if you want it it's yours, if not it's going in the shop" sent her some pics of the table got the response back "I WANT IT!" okay first item from my second hand business SOLD!WOOHOO! thank you wonderful friends!
here is a lamp and a pretty ugly lampshade to go with it...oh and a lego...i find those EVERYWHERE, because the boys' new fascination is building things with legos...
i decided to cover up the lampshades (one isn't in the picture it's on the other side of the "hutch" which i'm still trying to get the motivation to paint) i still need to spray paint the bases either black or cream (which one do YOU think?) and i still need to do the finishing touches on the top and bottom of the actual shade. but all in all pretty fast little project that involved scissors and a hot glue gun (and a little swearing while i burn my fingers off again with the hot glue...what is it with me and hot glue? i actually got a blister this time.)

but that's about it, not one stitch was sewn all weekend long. i decided to give myself a break. i'm still recovering from the funeral for little alyssa (with how emotionally drained i was i couldn't even imagine what her parents and siblings are going through) and i really just wanted to enjoy my kids with nothing really to do or nowhere to go, read a couple of books to escape, and clean the house so it smelled like 409 and pinesol, two of my most favorite and comforting smells. did you have a good weekend?

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY! Your first great sale--and hope for many more to come!

haley said...

love, love, love them both! i say cream... no black... no cream...

girlsmama said...

I love the table! I want the next one. I've been looking for one just like it. I'll have to try and find one...

I would say black for the lamps, but it's probably just my mood.

And good for you for enjoying your kids, we all need to do that.

Mindy said...

I LOVE the table! No fair that it's already gone! ;) I don't know about the lamp... I'm leaning towards cream, but it's really a toss up.

SLO Rober said...

You should try a cool melt glue gun. Not so hot!LOVE the blue of the table!

Aubrey said...

I like the lamps black--but why didn't you show us how you did them? Did you just cut the fabric and hot glue the edges on the inside? I'm so clueless and have some ugly lampshades too.

I love that blue table--how could you sell it to someone else?!

Nash said...

Once again you are AMAZING!
I would say black, cause it's all I have, and I spray paint everything black. But, it doesn't look bad as is either.
Oh and doesn't Martha say to keep a bowl of ice water close by, I always burn mine too.

cherry said...

That's awesome.....Love that blue! YOur lamp redo is very cute as well....I vote for cream. JOy at the joys of home is having a spray paint party...you should link up your projects girl!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin