Wednesday, August 20, 2008

chasing cows in flipflops and felt strawberries...

uh yeah the boys "accidently" let the cows out, but not just into our backyard....no not even into our front yard...when the boys finally came to tell me what they had done (i haven't seen them this scared to tell me ANYTHING in their lives) the cows were grazing down the street and were on the move. "what the...how the...UGH!!!!" so off running i go, and flash backs of the goats run through my head...i know how to chase i mean herd goats cause i had to do it every single day when i was dumb enough to have them, but i don't have a clue how to herd cattle...don't i need a stallion and some really cool cowboy boot and a hat (that wouldn't look ridiculous on the city girl really trying super hard to fit in?) so what did i do i started waving my arms and and "kakawing" at them...and why the heck did all of a sudden so many cars decide to come down my street and slow down as they passed me? pretty sure they were saying something like "there goes that stupid city girl doing...what exactly is she trying to do anyways?" yeah, so when the neighbor across the street (the ones that have lived here all their lives not the one that had her 6th baby) and asked "do you need some help?" i graciously and exasperatedly said a heartfelt "YES PLEASE!" all he then did was block their way one way (the direction away from my house...oh genius!) i sure could of used a lesson in not looking like a fool herding cows right about now is all i could think of...so the cows are back in, and i can't wait to hear "what were you doing out there with those cows?" comments from the town.

i did finish the cute felt strawberries that i've been working on for the little one. and i made some new pillows for my bed...pictures to come later on that... as i'm transforming my bed...i want to show you the final product instead of just bits and pieces...

14 comments:

girlsmama said...

Ohhh! That's funny. The strawberries are too cute!

SLO Rober said...

I've done that with a miniature pony. long story I guess. I like the strawberries. There are so many fun things to do with felt.

Bonnie said...

I hope my Laura is reading these animal posts as she considers getting a dog in Italy. This is too funny reading it from the comfort of my little cottage. I know it wasn't so funny from there. At least you don't have to join the gym now your ran the ice cream off. Look on the bright side!

Mindy said...

All I've tried to "herd" are dogs that weigh as much as I do! Everyone in Felicia's hometown growing up probably saw me trying to wrestle Max home. Your story is too funny! I love the strawberries too! You should sell those in your shop!

Laura said...

So----you have cows? Did I miss something? I remembered you had the goats for a little while---but cows??? When did this happen?

Rachel Holloway said...

So, so cute. And SOOOO funny. I can picture it now. :) Glad you got them back...crazy stories as always!

Marie said...

I am on the floor rolling. Too Funny.

cherry said...

Those strawberries are adorable! I love your photos...light and airy. Whoaaaaaaaaaa cows on the loose....I have a great visual in my head from that! cherry

Aubrey said...

Did you work off the Creamies?

V and Co. said...

laura how did you miss me getting cows? :) they are on "loan" so that they eat my pasture, and that the owners have someplace for them till winter...so really they are not mine but i tend them.

V and Co. said...

oh and yeah the cows did give me a workout so i don't feel soo bad about the creamies anymore!

Joy said...

I've heard of cow tippin' but cow chasin' in flipflops sounds almost as funny!
Congratulations on your new endeavor. You are going to be living one of my dreams, that I'm too scared to dream.

Nicole said...

I cannot believe that in all that craziness you didn't hurry and grab your camera :) Those felt strawberries are adorable, can't wait to see your new pillows. My friend from Shiner Circus emailed me the comment you left on her blog about buying Fabric from Sew and Save. She knew I would be all excited cause I worked there for a few years, great store isn't it.

Sally said...

Oh, I love cows! But that is seriously funny! I'm sorry! You make everything funny though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin