Tuesday, August 19, 2008

some clarification...

so here are some of the specifics (which i'm still working out):

**the store that i'm going to be paying rent in is already up and running as a scrapbook and consignment shop, but she doesn't want to do consignment anymore and has expressed that she needs help with decorating it and keeping set hours... this is where i step in.

**right now i don't have that much stuff because i think i've mentioned before i've had to pass up some stuff because my house is overflowing with things and i don't have set places for more stuff. this made me sad because lovely furniture with just a little bit of love and paint could be made into fabulous pieces of furniture and there they sat all sad and not being bought...but was i willing to get rid of what i had already acquired? no cause of the sentimental values. but now with this store i can shop my heart out make them into something better and then put them in the store.

**i will be making the things that i sell in my etsy store to put in this shop. i don't know about any other etsy people, but sometimes i feel lost, i haven't been doing it for the two years that some that have many clients and customers have, and i don't do anything out of the ordinary to put my stuff in the limelight, i'm just like every other mom out there making purses, and hair bows and such, so yeah a little lost in the online world but maybe an actual shop where there isn't anything like it for more than 45 miles radius would do a little better.

**will i buy commercial stuff to put in there? not for right now. right now i'm just doing second hand treasures of furniture and handmade things by me.

**store name...i have to keep with what the girl has picked because it still is her business, and i'm just part of it. her name is "country croppin" which is perfect for a scrapbook store, not so great for a second hand store, but my part i think will speak louder than words when i have furniture hanging out in front of the store, and i'm going to ask her to do some lettering on the windows with "second time around furniture sold here" or something like that.

**so yeah already somethings from my own house will be put in the store today, but i won't be in the store till next month, and hopefully by next summer i will have that shop full to the brim with big and small finds! wish me luck cause i think i'm going to need it.

13 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Good luck! This sounds like a fun venture for you and something right up your alley. I love going to little stores like these I seek them out when we go anywhere. ;)

Bonnie said...

Vanessa, I am glad that you are going in with someone. Running something like a store alone would literally suck up all your time, not your energy that seems to be an endless commodity. As for your Etsy store I have wanted to buy that cute orangish pillow for $14.00 with the hearts on it several times but,I have trouble working that system. I am so happy you will have your own little corner of the world where customers can come and touch and see your work in 3D. You will succeed easily by going the extra mile like you always seem to do.

I really appreciate the tutorial on the cloud..now can I ask one more question. Where do you go in the settings of blogger to add that cute little thing about the awesome people that comment? I may have Lowell help me with the cloud...that html stuff scares me especially with three different ones to add it in.

melissa said...

This really is an exciting adventure for you! I am so happy for you (and everyone who will be on the receiving end of your talent)! I can't wait to see your treasures- you will have to take pictures of everything and post it on here so the rest of us that live far away can marvel at your skills and drool! Good luck with it all!

Also, as a side note, I have been loving all the vignette photos you have been using for your headers lately- beautiful!

draperm said...

V--
I truly think that you are amazing. What a role model to all of us out here. So many of us have dreams, but never do anything about them. If you don't try, you will never know what would have happened, right? Way to go. Love reading your blog.

draperm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Sounds like a great set up! Lots of luck with the new venture! You're amazingly talented.

SLO Rober said...

cute pillow with the thrift store sheet!

cherry said...

I have never been here..but love your patchwork pillow and your cute colored chairs. good luck on your venture! cherry

cherry said...

OHhh I forgot to ask...what fabric is that that you made your quilt down below from with the sagey green back ground with the daisies on it? I love it. cherry

V and Co. said...

cherry it's called "wee play" by moda fabrics...it's one of my favorites!

Sally said...

Good luck with your store! I know it will keep you busy and also bring you joy. Love you!

Joy said...

So glad you joined in the party!
Sounds like you're getting the hang of having your own shop. Congratulations on your first sale!
I'm afraid I'd be really bad at selling things because I'd want to keep it all, especially after I took it from trash to treasure.

Screaming Meme said...

Good luck!!! that's awesome!!!! Hi! I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...I want to personally invite you to Screaming Meme's Faux School...I'm teching a continual class in different faux techniques....Come check it out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin