Saturday, August 16, 2008

they must of been passing out 1st place ribbons like they were going out of style

ah the parade, if you haven't done a parade in a super small town, you aren't missing much, but as we spend more time here, you get a little protective about it and there's no way i would knock it. so they must of been passing out blue ribbons like party favors 'cause somehow i ended up with 5 first places, for stitchery pillows (they were my own designs) and my katie quilt got a blue ribbon too. i also nabbed 3 2nd place red ribbons for my other stitchery pillows and for my little purse handbag, and my buggy barn flag quilt. so yeah the count was 6 blue ribbons and 5 red ribbons.
not quite sure who made this quilt but it got special recognition and will go on to the state fair... there were a few others but this one was my favorite to move on to the next round.
and then we went to the park where i paid disneyland prices for really unhealthy food the kind that sticks to your ribs but you only eat once a year kind and for the jumper slides which the boys thoroughly enjoyed for 3 hours... the boys are at the demolition derby as we speak, and then that is it for the fair...good times, good times. we missed the rodeo, but i wasn't about to tackle that all by myself this year. next year hopefully i'll have pictures of the rodeo as our children ride the mutton, chase a greased up pig all around the fairground, and then we will sit and enjoy the high school boys and their dads destroy cars at the demolition derby...sigh...what a way to end the summer...

25 comments:

rachel griffith said...

congrats on ALL your ribbons!!!
:D

gotta LOVE funnel cake and deep fried twinkies.
{and heartburn!!!}

Nicole said...

Oh my heavens, that quilt is amazing. And I know a good quilt when I see one, I worked at a quilt shop for a lot of years. It is seriously beautiful. You are very talented, congrats on all the ribbons. You should treat yourself to some fabric or something :)

Amber M. said...

WOWSERS! Way to go!

Carry Grace said...

Your work is beautiful! Congrats on your ribbons.

SLO Rober said...

Go first place! those quilts are beautiful. and i love your pillows, especially the shoe one! That's great!

Bonnie said...

Vanessa, you are so amazing...I know I say that every time I post a comment but I sincerely mean it. i have made a few quilts and I know how time consuming they can be. How rewarding as well though. You just fill your life with good things~I love it! Never quit!

V and Co. said...

uh i do want to clarify that is not MINE that is going to state, someone elses, i would love to be that good! but thank you for the love on the blue ribbons!

Marie said...

Go V! You are good. Are you so getting excited. Its coming up!

V and Co. said...

:) yeah he starts flying on the 8th

Mindy said...

Great job, V! You deserve every one of those ribbons!

Marci said...

way to go miss v!

Rachel Berry said...

Holy Moly! You ROCK! You did such a great job on all your stuff.

I have to ask, do you have the pattern for that if the shoe fits pillow? It is DARLING and I am in the midst of doing a similar pillow for my 300th post giveaway. But I would love to get my hands on this pattern for myself. If you could let me know that would be great!

rberry@eoni.com

Thanks Rachel

Laura said...

Congratulations, what beautiful work, that is AWESOME to get all those ribbons. You are AMAZING!

Laura said...

Congratulations, what beautiful work, that is AWESOME to get all those ribbons. You are AMAZING!

Rachel Holloway said...

Blue ribbons are for people who HAVE total style...that would be you. AMAZED as always...serious.

Kara said...

Oh I so miss the small town fairs and rodeos and parades (growing up in Rigby) Anyway congrats on your ribbons!! You are so cool.

trendy georgia said...

oooh I want to go to a small county fair in Amercia!!!It looks fantastic. Ill have to put it on my list...love your quilts! Cherry

Felicia said...

The quilt that is going to the State Fair is Marsha's, of course :o) And I quilted it!

Nash said...

WOW!
I am so IMPRESSED!
Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

You deserve it!

girlsmama said...

Congrats V! I'm so proud of you.

Team Clark said...

Way to go, Vaness!

Jenny said...

Hooray for you! I'm so impressed. I'm loving your new stitchery designs!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that is awesome! and i love fairs - I don't care how small town they are - it's a one-of-a-kind experience. Congrats on your own store - I agree, go for it! You are going to be very successful at it - I know Jacob must be very proud of you and all that you are accomplishing while he is serving our country!!!

Aubrey said...

You deserved those ribbons-your stuff is so darling.

Now, if I ever pass through Loa, I'll be seeking out that store. Maybe I'll make a special trip with my friend who knows your quilting machine friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin