Thursday, August 21, 2008

the difference between one and two

is night and day. the 6 year old (in blue) got up and was ready to go in a nano second and was getting his tooth brush ready with toothpaste as he gently reminded me that he still needed to eat breakfast and he didn't want to be late. oh yeah and he picked out his clothes the night before and laid them on the ground next to him so he could just jump into them the minute he woke up.
the 8 year old (in red) needed some prodding and some gentle reminders over and over and OVER again that we had a schedule to follow of scripture reading, morning prayers, and breakfast eating, and if he didn't help with the morning he was going to make us all late. the 8 year old rolled out of bed dressed in his pants for the day...oh they were clean and all but i guess he figured a few minutes of getting up would be postponed if he just had to roll over just to pick out a shirt to wear. the 6 year old on the other hand had taken it upon himself to get himself cereal and was eating, the 8 year old didn't want cereal he wanted waffles, and proceeded to slump in his chair to wait. we got them there right as the bell rang you know at lightning speed and swerving into a parallel parking space, all because the 6 year old COULD and WOULD NOT be late for his first day of school...as i dropped them off i yelled "i love you" 6 year old yells back not looking back as he sprints to his classroom door "love you too!!!" the 8 year old puts his arm in the air and waves "yeah love you too." and walks in a zig zag to his first day of class just a little late. so yeah the difference between one and two= A LOT.

12 comments:

Marie said...

Good luck with school! I cant wait..We start Monday! By the way, they are sure cute!

girlsmama said...

Wow! Is 6yr taller than the 8yr? Or is 6yr standing on something? Kids are so different. Isn't it amazing!

V and Co. said...

yes 6 year old is very tall for his age and 8 year old is very short for his age...so there you go with the height difference!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that's hysterical!!! I am impressed you got there on time because I am sure you were also dealing with #3 and #4 too so that the morning would go smoothly. Let us know how Nate does in school this year...

SLO Rober said...

Yes. We wish all the best for a great school year. Ours starts tuesday and already I'm fretting about my 4 year old being in a K/1 combo class. But as you know, my #1 and #2 are very much like your #1 and #2.

Nash said...

That is so funny.
I have been listening to Love and Logic cd's for parenting tips. It's SO HARD!
Supposed to help them become more responsible....blah blah blah.
So, school started on a Thurs?
How do you sleep with your husband gone? I need tips. I finally slept at 4am the last two nights.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I can relate, not to the cow thing but a few weeks ago as I walked my dog and my daughter's puppy, I dropped the puppy's leash(and that is the command for run), so I am running down the road with one dog while chasing the other, and screaming stop at the top of my lung, as a neighbor pulls up to the stop sign, I'm sure wondering what my problem is(along w/theconstruction workers across the street that are hearing and seeing this too. Can't wait to hear more about your shop. Sounds great! Jackie

cherry said...

Rofl..........that is too funny. Do they get along real well? They are both adorable. Thanks for the info. on the fabric...I will be hittin some fabric stores for the MOda....love Moda. cherry

V and Co. said...

my boys play and fight real good together. it took all summer long before they actually started to really grate on eachothers nerves, but give them one day of school and they are playing on the playground together and don't need anyone else. i really love that all three of them can "hang" all day long and not need anything but food and a few bandaids!

Anonymous said...

Is Ryan wearing my backpack?

Bonnie said...

Laura's boys are the same way. Ross was up and ready at 6:00 am last year for his first day of school. Spencer is a dawdler. The differences between siblings is something to behold and something to keep you humble always.

Sally said...

Ah, school. I don't want to talk about it. But your boys sure are cuties!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin