Sunday, July 27, 2008

i made everything you hate...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY G.I. JOE HUSBAND! we made the dinner you hate the most, spaghetti, and for your cake we made a triple chocolate with chocolate chips... death by chocolate kind of pie...because you hate chocolate, we figured you were kind of sad that you couldn't spend your special day with us eating your special dinner and eating your cake with us so we decided to make it easier on you and make everything on the menu things that you hated to eat! we love you and miss you and just think you are so great. next birthday will be better for sure! hope you get to relax and enjoy not eating the things you hate on your birthday! love, v and the boys and the little one

10 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHH! That's so sweet! Happy birthday to your hubs and thanks to him and his family for his service.

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest wife ever.

SLO Rober said...

What a fun thing to do with the kids and what a thoughful thing for Jake. Happy birthday!

Mindy said...

Cute idea,V!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Your blog is great, the quilts are great, the children are adorable and you are wonderful obviously to do all that you do while your husband is serving all of us. He is blessed to have to for a wife and we hope he had a blessed birthday.

Felicia said...

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Vanessa gave the closing prayer in sacrament mtg. yesterday and prayed for "the soldiers" and asked Him to bring you all home safely. Yeah, I pretty much lost it right then and there...mascara running down my face and everything.

Thanks for all you do.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that's hilarious! the dinner and dessert sound delicious and I am sure Jacob would choose to eat his "hated" items you've cooked over the food he is getting fed right now! :)

on behalf of all your fellow BYU classmates, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACOB! :)

Sally said...

Ok, that made me cry. Happy Birthday Jake, and "thank you" just doesn't seem like enough!

Anonymous said...

I think that this is one of the nicest things you have ever done for me. Chocolate sucks! Yup, I said it.

Trixi said...

Oh, I remember those days, like yesterday. You made me want to cry. I will give you a little bit of encouragement that it will be over before you know it and then it will be just a bad memory that you made it through. when we were in it and people would tell us it will be over soon. I would just roll my eyes in aggravation but know looking back, they were right. Time is very relevant. I hope you have a great day!!!
Blessings~~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin