Tuesday, July 22, 2008

buggy barn quilt


so here's the buggy barn "stars and stripes" that i'm entering into the fair. and it wasn't till someone mentioned that they hoped that i would win a ribbon...that it actually dawned on me "oh yeah people are going to be JUDGING this thing" and i quickly started to have the feeling that i wanted to hurl...but i got past that and...i think i'm STILL going to do it. i'll take pictures of the other quilt when it gets back from being quilted by my fabulous friend that just so happens to be a professional quilter, and i'm working on my fall quilt as we speak so i can show off the quilt top soon to ya'll. it's a super nice day over here in the middle of nowhere that it's kind of hard to be indoors (you know perfect weather with a nice cool breeze) but i have tonight that i have to fill my time with cause i still haven't gotten to the "bookmobile" for the books i've been wanting. i always seem to miss it when it comes into town, but i think today's the day that it's here. oh yeah you KNOW there will be a picture of that soon. the things i'm getting used to...

16 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE it! You are so talented! I'm serious when I say I want sewing lessons from you.

haley said...

wow!wow!wow!wow! what book did that come out of? i LOVE it and now i think i need one!!!!

Mindy said...

I love that quilt! I have a soft spot for Americana. I also love your new blog header picture, although your kids were adorable too. I was wondering if the quilt and the cute boy peeking out from behind it are for sale? ;)

Jeni said...

That is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen!!!

Laura said...

I LOVE your quilt---so beautiful. Love the new header also!!!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

wow, I've never seen anything like it - it's beautiful, I can't imagine you not winning!!! :)

Nicole said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I absolutley love it. You make me want to get out my sewing machine and start sewing, it's been way to long since I've made a quilt, ever since I moved away from Felicia, machine quilter extrordinaire.

Marci said...

i love love love it! i have a couple of books of theirs and have been nervous to actually make one. is it easy with all that freezer paper and stuff? i'm with mindy...i only have those 3 girls and he would be a welcome addition! my hubby would love it!:)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Susie h~

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

You're fabulous! Killer quilt and the cute kiddo. You make 'em good!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

Wow, what a cute quilt! You truly are talented. Good luck at the fair. I am sure you will do well. What judge wouldn't want to give a blue ribbon or grand prize ribbon to you for that quilt. Love it.

Sally said...

I totally want to make that quilt! Love the picture too! Americana is the best!

lera said...

Absolutely stunning. (I love your banner photo.)

The Willeyes said...

That is beautiful. Once again...you are amazing :)

Sandy said...

That is the cutest quilt I have ever seen in my entire life - wow!! I love it!!

girlsmama said...

It looks great! The question is, is Buggy Barn as easy as they claim?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin