Sunday, October 12, 2008

organizing and mini me haircut

most of my day was spent between the kids and organzing my fabric. we had a great day of cleaning and playing...
i tried to get a good picture of her hair but she kept moving and when she would see the camera she would instantly make a cheesy smile and say "eese" (her version of "cheese") you can sort of see the layers on the back. i'm pretty darn proud cause with three older brothers and a husband that i've been cutting hair for for over 10 years now, a girl hair cut can be quite a different experience. i was pretty sure she was going to come out looking like a soldier herself. thankfully that didn't happen.
my kids did exceptionally well today (well, there was no blood). and i even had a couple of " i love my life" moments. which were then quickly thrown back into reality when the the two little ones started fighting over something, or when the little one told me she had pooped in the tub, or when the older boys decided it would be so cool to turn on the hose in freezing weather, but really, i love being a mom, i wouldn't change it for anything. i am especially humbled when i sit and watch them and think "someone up there thought it would be a good idea to entrust me with these little people." i sure as heck hope i'm doing alright...

9 comments:

Team Clark said...

I love her hair cut - it's super cute!
And I'm glad you're having some happy moments - you sure deserve them!

Team Clark said...

PS Your fabric hutch looks fantastic!

Sandy said...

The hair cut looks great! I always cut my 2 girls' hair - I swear I do the same cut every time and it looks different every single time, haha! Those wiggly, uncooperative little heads just make mom's cutting skills look more "versatile":)

SLO Rober said...

Could you send some of that organizing mojo my way. I'm having a hard time getting motivated.

Mindy said...

I love your color coordinated stacks of fabric. Music to my eyes! You are so brave... I wouldn't dare attempt a layered girl cut like that, but you did it GREAT! Maybe I should have you cut my hair... ;)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Motherhood is a constant question...should I? what if? dare I? Kids need, above all, love and you have an abundence of love you are showering on them. I know that with your husband gone so much it's hard to know if you're making the right decision but the right decision is the best one you can make in the moment. Have courage...you are doing such a wonderful job loving them. I know that God is smiling. As for haircuts, you are one brave woman! blessings, marlene

The Oylers said...

Vanessa...this is Hannah from Apron Girls. You actually sent me mt awesome table topper. I love it! But I was just wondering how you have so much fabric. I have really been wanting to start doing some projects but I have no fabric and so I was wondering you you buy it all? Is it all expensive? Do you know where to find cute but inexpensive fabric?

SLO Rober said...

Just saw your comment on my blog. Don't buy Gilmore Girls. I've got almost all of the seasons. I'll mail them to you to borrow. You can also Netflix them.

Jenny said...

Cute hair! Way to go!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin