Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a few firsts

well yesterday was my first official day working at the local store where i will slowly be putting in furniture and handmade gifts. it's been a long time since i've actually been somewhere other than my home to "work" 9 years to be exact. but it's nothing like a normal job, i work while three of the 4 noise makers i call my children are at school, and the little one is able to stay with me or take a nap at my good friend ML's house.

my second first is that i submitted my first article to blissfully domestic yeah apparently they need some local village idiots to help make the other REALLY talented people look good, so that's where i come in. i'll keep you posted on when it's official and i'm in print on the site!

and my third and final first is that i cut my little one's hair, i did a little stack layer thing in the back and longer in the front...yeah basically a little one's version of my hair. i think it's cute, i'll make sure to get some pictures of it.

still no sewing going on due to lack of motivation and oh yeah my sewing machine is broken but i've started to cut out my nine patch blocks so i need to get on the ball with the motivation and selling more things so that i can fund me getting a new sewing machine!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations----we want to see some of the things you are selling at the store----and how great that you are a professional blogger now. GO girl!

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so proud to know you fancy Blogger blog lady! You crack me up. and I can't wait to see your store stuff. Your picture is so cute!

Inspired Kara said...

YAY!! Congrats.

This pic. is beautiful by the way. It is just so bright and happy!

Mindy said...

So many exciting things! A friend of mine...famous! And I didn't know you could cut hair, too! I only cut my boys' hair, and I can promise you it's not complicated like the cut you did on your little one! (It involves a razor, and that's it! ;)

SLO Rober said...

Oh! Vanessa! It's all so exciting and beautiful. I wish I could walk around and check out your store. I wish you the best of luck!

Marci said...

yay for you! that is so awesome....you are going to published! i love your little display with the chair and the pumpkin. the good ladies of loa have hit the jackpot.:)

Jenny said...

Congrats on getting things going in the store! Sounds like it will be perfect for you. And way to go on the article and the haircut. You really can do everything!

Cannon Clan said...

v, do you take requests for things that people want but dont want to take the time to look or paint it? like a little childs rocking chair? :)

Deeanna said...

Who needs the Quilted Bear? We'll all come down to you store! You might just put Loa on the map! (Or is it in Bicknell?)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin