Thursday, October 30, 2008

on a painting fix

i made these yesturday for my bedroom...did i mention i'm slowly working on transforming my room? well i am, and i'm loving nature inspired things. i know that's probably soo 3 years ago, but i've had the same look going throughout my house for 10 and a half years. i think it's time for a little change here and there. not major just minor things...
i'm thinking, that there might be a slight possiblity that i might try to paint my boys' room. but that's a big fat maybe seeing that i have 4 of them usually running around my ankles and if there's paint involved...watch out! but if i get my act together and plan a little i might be able to do it while they are in school or when they sleep in the living room in sleeping bags on friday night (it's turned into a tradition now) so yeah...a big fat maybe.
i'm not quite sure what look i'm going for yet, i just know the paint color on the walls. after the paint goes up i think i'll be able to see things better. mainly i want a place for them to sleep, read, play with some toys, but most importantly, i want it to be clutter free. 1. Kids room theme:, 2. Army Men Kids Room Theme, 3. Domino Design Project Kid's Room, 4. Boy's bedroom, 5. bunk beds, 6. Pottery Barn Rugs, 7. pottery_barn_kids_rooms2, 8. sport theme, 9. Carson's Big Boy Bed, 10. hookey1, 11. Boys room, 12. wyatt's new big boy bed

6 comments:

Marie said...

So, you were going to tell me how to put so many pictures like that on my blog....How are you guys doing?

Deeanna said...

I love your blog!! You are so funny. I read about your crash and burn Sunday. Did that coincide with the primary program? I had a melt down about 4 weeks after Tom had been home on leave. We were still looking at 6 more months of deployment! We were chatting on the webcam....and then it happened, I cried and he saw me wallowing in self pity! The next day he sent me flowers and arranged a babysitter. Perfect fix!!! Anyway, for whatever reason my kids have a "sleepover" on Friday nights too. Their version of a sleepover is getting to sleep all together on the floor with blankets and pillows. I say...whatever works to keep these little people happy!

Mindy said...

You can't post something like that and not tell us how to make them! I can't wait to see your whole room in the nature theme.

Cheryl said...

Wow - great pictures you made!! And love the collage. How did you do that?

Anonymous said...

Love the tiles. How did you make them? They are really beautiful.

V and Co. said...

i used a cricket (one of those scrapbooking electronical thingys)not mine a friends, contact paper, and stuck them on a canvas, then i painted over them and when they dried i pulled them off. super easy and super fast it took me a whole whopping 10 minutes, and most of it was due to the drying!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin