Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What happens when you don't guard you password...


...your husband hijacks you blog. Really though I thought I would surprise Vanessa and show her that I too can work the blog. Today we were supposed to go onto our FOB but ended up staying at Baghram for a little while longer. So while we were waiting to go we snapped some pictures. Make no mistake, I am not, nor have I ever been the tail gunner on a Chinook helicopter. But the guys who are were nice enough to let me sit behind the gun and pretend that I was cooler than I really am. Shortly after we took pictures, we flew away in the bird, only to come back after about 30 minutes. However, since they woke us up at 2am to leave I had fallen asleep and was confused to find the place I thought we were going looked a lot like where we had just been. Of course given army efficiency we then unloaded the bird and moved to another one, which also promptly malfunctioned before we got off the ground. Consequently, I find myself still at Baghram wondering if I'll ever move on. Though this type of day may seem like a minor inconvenience to most, let me point out some particulars. First there were about 20 people on the flight, each with about 200 pounds of equipment. Therefore, each time we changed plans we had to load/unload the accompanying 4000 pounds of equipment. In all I counted moving the equipment nine times. All in all I'd say it was a very hooah army day! Incidentally, honey sorry I didn't get a chance to call...love you and talk to you soon. Jake

12 comments:

V and Co. said...

hooah! now please give me back control of MY...i mean our blog, i don't know how to play nice or how to share (you know that). i'll talk to you soon, (found the cell phone too!) love you and thanks for being mine. miss you.

Marie said...

Go Men! Thanks for writing! FINALLY!

haley said...

so i have to say it... v- your husbands mustache is pretty cool!!! and how cute is he to hijack your blog???

Emily said...

Ohh...how cute. Your husband is flurting with you and showing off. I think it is so cute when married couples can do that. Chris just posted some studdly gun pictures too! Its about time your husband posted something. Its always nice to see what other guys are doing besides your own husband. It creates a bigger picture. Welcome to the club! We are doing it, the west, the holgreens, the ashtons, the Davies, and I am sure there is more out there!

V and Co. said...

ahahahahhaahahahaha...the mustache that's funny...he actually HAS to grow facial hair for thier "mission" and it just so happens that his hair under his nose grows like a weed! we always joke about it! he's thought about lasering it quite a few times but if he could channel tom seleck(sp?) i guess that would be kind of sexy? hmmm...
and emily he's not flirting he's invading my space! but i guess that's alright...

girlsmama said...

Way to go Jake!! We're proud of you.

Bonnie said...

It is nice to see that the guys can have a little fun in the midst of it all. How fun for Jake to check in this way! Thanks, Jake for all you do for all of us! It does not go unnoticed.

Rachel Holloway said...

Well that is just so darn cute!!! Way to go Jake!!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a days work.
PS Before I read this post I was like, why does Vanessa have a picture of Bo Brady on her blog?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/bios/images/actors/Peter_Reckell.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/bios/Peter_Reckell.shtml&h=255&w=400&sz=29&hl=en&start=3&sig2=hRg-4cTTCkrfTRIdbeGDwA&um=1&tbnid=uDgu5cBpT7cYAM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=124&ei=0IArSIivB6GSigH09Ln3BQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBo%2BDays%2Bof%2Bour%2BLives%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

V and Co. said...

ahahaha! bo brady!!!

haley said...

totally bo brady!!! v- will you start refering to him as that now, PLEASE? pioneer lady has marlboro man- can't you have bo brady???

Kinsey Pistorius said...

hey Jacob! I didn't know you'd be writing on the blog and it was great to see your post! I am just in awe of everything you are doing... still remember the day in the computer lab you told us you were going into the military. I admire your dedication to your decision and to our country.
We just took a trip back to Utah for a week after not being there for 2 yrs and it felt familiar and with lots of good memories from our program. Right now, we are in Atlanta (looking for housing) and drove by the Braves stadium and Coca-cola factory where we all went at the AAMFT conf back in 04... anyway, good stuff! hope you continue to do well out there and come back safe!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin