Saturday, May 3, 2008

some of my favorite things

stitchery and books. there's something about the whole cottage thing that makes me warm and happy. i love that i walk in and instantly want to look around at what the walls or see what the cupboards hold. curl up on the couch with a quilt and a book or stitch something new, or just daydream of new projects.
quilts, i actually made this one, sad to say this is the most complicated quilt i've made, all of the other ones are pretty plain square ones, but i love each and everyone of them. wreaths, i try to limit this one (jake doesnt think so, it might be to the fact that i've lost count of how many i have), but i loove looooove wreaths and if it wouldnt look so totally ridiculous i probably would have one on every wall, yes i love them that much.
handmade treasures...i think these are the best, and they make me happy, i can't remember when i made this but it was my first attempt to a log cabin block, i don't know the actual requirements of a log cabin block, i just did what i though would look cute. and yes the planting has begun, slowly but surely i will keep adding more and more flowers and vines to this place, and most likely it will be a tangled mess to my husband but a lovely cottage-y look in my eyes.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

I love wreaths too! And quilts! And all the things you love! That's why we get along so well.

Rachel Holloway said...

Some of my favorite things: YOU!

Thanks for your beautiful style and inspiration! :)

Laura said...

I especially love all the quilts! I love the Fourth of July quilt.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Cute stuff!

haley said...

ok- so how is it that you are so talented and beautiful AND down to earth???? i don't know many people that fit into all 3 catagories! and phooey what your hubby thinks (even though we all are thankful for what he is doing for us)- but isn't it a mother that turns the house into a home???? that's why god gave us 'taste' and only 'oppinions' to the men- don't tell my husband i said that!

girlsmama said...

You always make a warm, inviting, environment. I love you! Thanks for inspiring me.

Sally said...

I love those things too, there is NOTHING like a country style!

Bonnie said...

Vanessa your talents never cease to amaze. Love the Americana quilt, I know my Laura would love that too. It has a special appeal to the families that sacrifice a lot for our flag.

The Willeyes said...

Vanessa-
Your house is darling and so are your things...I would take any of those things for my house. I LOVE the quilt! That's how I want my house, kind of cottage country. I just love the warm, homey feel of it. You are so talented! Mel :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin