Friday, May 30, 2008

apple blossems crazy kids and getting ready to head out to san diego.

beautiful isn't it? my apple trees are all blooming! i'm so excited i can hardly stand it!!! last year we got a couple of apples that made for some good sling shots...nothing else...but i hear that around here (and everywhere else?) apple trees produce every other year, and if that's the case this is the year that i will be making some yummy stuff with apples!!! i really want to make apple butter, and can some of them for apple pie fillings, i don't even know what kind of apples they are but i don't care!!! i'm going to try!!!
julie's "it's my final baby" quilt is done...yeah i was dumb enough to stay up till 2 am watching arrested development episode after episode after episode, laughing hysterically and binding the quilt. but it's done!
now i have to get ready for my trip out of here! i'm trying to be all efficient by making sure i clean and pack today. i have a baby shower to go to tomorrow and i really want to just relax tomorrow so that i can be ready for the 10+ hours it's going to take me to drive to my mom's. but i've got my ipod all ready with new songs, and i finally got my favorite band All American Rejects albums put on there as well, so all is well.
i'll just leave you with a little "nateism" i heard the kids laughing hysterically and nate yelling "mom! QUICK!!! i don't know how much longer i can hold on! ----GET THE CAMERA!!!" i snapped the picture and then the next question was "are you going to blog it?" now there's a phrase i NEVER said to my mom...yup buddy you made the blog!!! woohooo!

8 comments:

burg3g said...

Hold the phone.. I was waiting for a picture of Jam ;( Yes, apple blossoms are beautiful, but I wanted to see you arms elbow deep in strawberry goodness. Now that's artistic!

V and Co. said...

yeah i made jam yesturday...but i didn't blog about it cause i was going to surprise my fam and friends in cali with it...way to out me out! just kidding, i forgot to take pics of the process...but i am going to give them the goodies when i get there!

Bonnie said...

Have a great trip Vanessa...be safe. I wish San Diego was in northern CA! Bummed out over here!

Mindy said...

I love apple blossoms too! We have a tree in our back yard that looked just like that a couple weeks ago... I guess we're a little ahead. Your quilt looks great!!!

burg3g said...

Hey, sorry I didn't mention Kaleb has.. had the chicken pox. It only lasted about 72 hours and his fever started wednesday and ended wednesday, so I think you guys are in the clear. If you do get it while you are in CA you can loath and hate me forever. Sorry ;(

Kara said...

Well I hope you have fun! I am jealous. Your kids crack me up, and I love your picture of your apple blossoms (nice photography) Anyway I hope you have a good time, drive safe!

haley said...

have fun on your trip. i love the quilt and can't wait to taste something you make from you apples (hint, hint, hint)

Sally said...

Love the pics! Cute quilt, and monkey hanging from the bed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin