Monday, May 5, 2008

learning to photoshop

okay, i bought myself a few things this last week, an early birthday present? maybe a belated 10 year anniversary present...hmmm nope i'm just going to blame this one on i really needed a pick me up and on friday and i wanted photoshop and darn it i was going to buy it. so i did, and i've wasted oodles and oodles amount of time just sitting here and tinkering with it. but good thing is i took some pictures i don't usually take pictures of. did i mention that i am surrounded by farm lands? they make for really cool pictures. this little guy is our back yard neighbor for the moment, usually as the summer starts rolling along the cows (and a lot of them!) are our neighbors, oooh that's going to make for some good pictures! now if i could only get better at TAKING good pictures. practice i guess is the only way to go.
here's buck. he's super friendly, big, and super excitable all the time, he does seem to of slowed down a little since he got hit by a car in january, but he made a miraculous comeback, from my understanding the teenager ran over him with both sets of tires. and well not all of buck's cylinders are firing, (but really who's are?) but we love him to death, he's a great dog. okay and my armoire (still dont know if i'm spelling it right!) came! remember? i made a swap for a super expensive car seat that we hardly used, (we had two and only needed one) so i gave her the car seat in exchange for one of her armoires from the hotel they were renovating, so i had to move stuff around. don't know if i like the quilt over my dresser yet, but for now that will do cause the quilt rack was there before the dresser. going to do something about the lamp shade, buy a new one or something. don't know we'll see.
here's the armoire, can't wait to paint it, well actually i can, but i can't wait for it to be done painted! i think maybe puke green, my favorite is ralph lauren khaki (i was going to put link to the color, but online it looks like brown, which would make sense because of the name but when i bought a sample it was puke green and dried puke green, hmmmm)
and then i bought this little cute pendant, by littleputbooks she makes them from recycled scrabble pieces, it's my favorite necklace, and she's updating her etsy shop hopefully later tonight or tomorrow morning, but not that i'm going to buy anymore right now, between photoshop and "other things" i need to just lay low, create with what i got, and enjoy my new digs.

13 comments:

Maggi said...

Good for you!!! Photoshop can be so fun,I feel like I can do it pretty well and then I learn another cool trick and say to myself - I know nothing!!! I love that Pioneer Woman website - super awesome!!!
Mag

Kara said...

Hi, I don't know if you remember me, I'm Ashton's wife. I loved reading your blog, you crack me up and I loved reading your hilarious things your kids do. You inspire me. Thanks! Kara

Rachel Holloway said...

Pioneer woman IS an awesome spot for tutorials!! I can't wait to see all the things you take pics of! :)

Lisa Henderson said...

I just bought photoshop elements for digital scrapbooking and I love it! It was hard for me to get use to though. My poor house and family have suffered because it has taken a lot of my attention!

girlsmama said...

Yay for you! I love photoshop. I need to spend some real time with it and learn how to use it though. Do you have an email for Maggi? I need to talk to her and I lost her phone number. Again.

girlsmama said...

By the way, Maggi took the picture on my tag!

V and Co. said...

jess, you can actually just click on her name and it will link you to her blog, i've been meaning to put her link to her photography blog but havnt gotten around to it, i'm still trying to work out something with the man upstairs in giving me a few extra hours in the day, but he's not biting!

girlsmama said...

Duh! Got it. And if the man upstairs grants the more time in the day prayer, let me know! Love you and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

haley said...

such fun things!!! i'm jealous!

Nash said...

That necklace is adorable. You are spelling armoire right.
I want to be like you and pick up furniture to paint. I love it. Ok, I think the quilt is hanging to low above the dresser, but it's still super cute. I probably should just say it looks great. BUT, I like to hear people's true opinions.
love how often you post, i look forward to reading.

Nash said...

ok, just looked at it again, the quilt looks good, i think it would be cute to put candlesticks in front of it. I don't know. Are you painting the dresser? I think just adding some darker colors to the top of it. BUT, this is coming from someone who's never been in your house.

V and Co. said...

good suggestions! actually i'm thinking the quilt rack is comming down (oh jake you love me you know you do and i know you said you weren't going to move that thing again, but...you love me)and in it's place is going the window pane with the wreath in front of it, (once again jake i'm so sorry i know you said that that thing was never comming down or being moved again, and it was a pain in the butt just to get me do make a decision as to where i wanted it, but i need to move it again, remember i'm taking care of your children while you are gone, and you love me) ;) so if all goes well and i can sugar my husband up enough, the quilt rack is coming down, and the window is going up...if not i'll figure something else out, but i'm pretty sure i can make him do anything i want.

Bonnie said...

Doesn't retail therapy help so much sometimes? You are spelling armoire correctly and it is awesome! Yu really are way out of town aren't you. That can be refreshing!lots of clean air and places for the kids to play!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin