Thursday, May 29, 2008

conversation with the husband...


because i have nothing to write i thought i would share with you a conversation i had with my husband (the marriage and family therapist who does wilderness therapy for troubled teens turned JI Joe) a few weeks ago


i'll set the scene: jake took the liberty of writing something on the blog about just how darn cool he really is, and during our conversation the next night he was giddy like a school girl about your guys' comments...it went a little like this:


jake: hey did you see how many comments i got?!


me: thinking to myself:pioneer woman got 14,000+ comments once and some blogs i check on a regular basis get like 20-50 comments everyday...


me: yeah..wow! 11 comments


jake: haha, yeah you like only got 5!


me: mmhmmm...


jake: yeah so about those comments...who exactly are these people?


me: oh mainly people i've known throughout the years and some that i've just "met"


jake: so you know them?


me: uh....hmmm...well i read their blogs and i see what they are up to on a regular basis but i've never met them face to face...yeah i know them.


jake: have you ever met them?


me: shoot... uh no.


jake: wait...you've never met them? and they comment on your blog?


me: yup


jake: why?


me: thinking hard...i have no idea, some of them like my super wittiness, while others like my decorating and second hand finds...i think...oh i don't know probably same reason why i check out some other blogs on a regular basis.


jake: and why is that? i mean check out blogs on a regular basis?


me: mainly i love to see what people are doing, i get inspired or i see what they've made, see how their kids are growing up...see that other women out there are going through the same headaches and blissful moments in mothering, and so forth. i mean the list goes on and on, but when i write about this in the blog i don't want to have it be too lengthy...okay just kidding on saying that on the last little bit


jake: that's weird...


me: not really actually EVERYONE is doing it and it links me to the outside world, i mean hello you left me and the kids in a town in the middle of nowhere with 500 people!!! i need the blogging thing!


jake:whatever floats your boat...uh...you aren't going to write like personal stuff are you?


me: thinking, uh i already have written about meltdowns, pity parties, and IUD's...uh what do you mean "personal"


jake: you know like if i do something that makes you mad or something


me: hahaha...no i'll make sure to portray you as the hunkiest most adorable, sweetest, rubs my feet when i don't even ask, JI Joe meets wilderness man slash jason bourne, tim the tool guy taylor (with out the screw ups) kind of guy that you are...does that sound good?


jake: yeah right...you're going to write about me making you mad aren't you?


me: yeah probably, but you hardly ever do, so you don't have to worry...


jake: hmm i don't think i like you blogging.


me: just don't make me mad and you'll be just fine...


jake: yeah i don't like you blogging...


me: just don't make me mad...

21 comments:

Marie said...

XBOX?! What is up with them. I loved the conversation.

Laura said...

Love that----they have to be accountable!!! An evil way to keep a man in line!

Rachel Holloway said...

HAHAHA!!! That is so funny! I always tell Brandon if he wants to know what is going on he needs to read the blog--so there won't ever be too much bad about him on there!! :) hehehe....

acte gratuit said...

Yep. I'm a total stranger. And I've had a very similar conversation with my husband trying to justify why I read the blogs of strangers. :)

Bonnie said...

V, this is beyond witty~it is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he understands the implications of messing with you. :)

Team Clark said...

Hi Jake - if you read this, then you can know that you know at least some of the people that go to your wife's blog. This is Amy Brundage and we grew up in the same town if you don't remember. :)
Vaness - I didn't know you didn't actually "know" some of these people, though - very interesting.

Cannon Clan said...

hi my name is heidi cannon and i know vanessa through YW in provo...about six years ago!yikes has it been that long!

Cannon Clan said...

hi my name is heidi cannon and i know vanessa through YW in provo...about six years ago!yikes has it been that long!

Cannon Clan said...

oh crap i did it twice, sorry!

girlsmama said...

LOL! That is funny. Jarrod thinks I'm a nut for reading the random blogs. And Jake, you know us. And don't worry I was with V when we met some of the people we don't know and they were awesome and not criminals. :)

V and Co. said...

you guys crack me up! i love love LOVE comments and absolutely LOVE that i've met some great people through this wierd thing of a blogging world! so keep the comments coming from friends that i've known for like EVER, to people that only show up everyonce in a while! it really keeps me going and feeling happy! thanks people!!!

SLO Rober said...

It's basically like voyeurism for the LDS-female, this blogging thing. How many of us have been glued to this screen while our children are throwing things at us and destroying the house? (Please tell me I'm not the only one who's 2 year old yells, "WHAT'S THE DEAL" when I'm on the computer)
And I can totally hear Jacob saying those things.

Ashli said...

Yep...I'm one of those total strangers that adore your craftiness and I show it off to my non-blogging friends too. Hope you don't mind us looking for new ideas and keeping a bit of sanity right along with you.

Maggi said...

hey I thought you might like this website http://www.tammisfinderskeepers.com/ . The store is here in AF. Have a great day. Love your blog!
Maggi

V and Co. said...

i don't mind at all! and maggi that's funny...i actually go out of my way almost every time i can to go to that store just to go in and stare...good to see that they have an online store now too! love it!
oh and katie can just sense when i'm going towards the computer, because she will start bad mouthing me in her katie language and have a scowl on her face

The Stewart's said...

Vanessa here is a comment to get you pass 16! and not just 11. (i love your blog, and i would still be reading it if i did not know you)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Vanessa took some artitistic liberties with what I actually said :) But truth be told I am really happy that all you out there in the blogosphere are around to keep her company while I am away. Thank you for all you do to keep her sane...

laura.elizabeth said...

Wow, I love it! I can imagine a conversation with Robert going just about the same way. You are one lucky girl Vanessa. But then again so is your Jake.

Anonymous said...

I've never met you, nor have I met the lady who's blog I clicked off of to get to you, and I read both of your blogs every day. Keeps life interesting.

Jake- you've got a wonderful woman back here waiting for you. I'm extremely impressed with her skills... mothering, crafting, keeping things in perspective, faith, all of it... she's got it all! At least that's what she's telling all of us strangers out here!

Have a great trip to see your mom. You deserve it. Just head off to the store by yourself every once in a while for some DDP.

Sally said...

You are hilarious! Tom doesn't even read our blog! Maybe he should...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin