Thursday, May 22, 2008

before and after: katie's room

this was my first picture a few months ago, i knew i liked some things in her room, but it was all over the place and i knew i needed to make some changes.
this is a step closer to what i want...it's still eclectic, country, vintage...all over the place but i'm really starting to looooove it.
yesterday turned out to be a "i'm going to finish my projects" day. i was knocking them left and right. you could say I WAS ON FIRE! well not really. it just so happens that i was acting like i had ADD for the past i don't know how many months and i had quite a few projects that i would work on here and there like the rag rug and the quilt top you see in the picture...i decided that yesterday was the day to end it. and i finished them! look how cute the rag rug turned out!!! i think that's my favorite! katie's quilt top is done, but i still need to buy fabric for the back (i want it to match the fabrics on the front) the binding fabric will be a red so i need to figure out what color for the back so that i can give it to my friend the quilter. any suggestions on what color for the back? i personally love the green (oh what is it with the green?! i looove green!!!) anyways, that's all for now, got a date with the hair dresser to get my locks taken care of, but that's all i have planned. it's a yucky day outside, so the kids and i will probably do a picnic on my bed while we watch a movie. okay reality check: i'll be under my quilt reading "the host" and dozing off while they jump on my bed and the movie will be on the background.

15 comments:

Marci said...

hello country living magazine...it looks beautiful! i would go for the green on the back of the quilt. you can buy it at pine needles on saturday!!!! i am so excited!
katie's lucky to have such a cute little mom with such great taste.:)

Kara said...

That is so cute. Will you come and decorate my house! You are so talented.

Rachel Berry said...

How CUTE is her room! I love it all! I agree with Marci you have some really great taste!

:)Rachel

The Stewart's said...

V you are wonderwoman! It is very cute. i just finished Raegan and Brianne's bed, it's been 2 years,and painted there room. (that took 3 years) i need some of your energy!

Laura said...

Love the new room. I especially love the quilt on display. Beautiful.

Bonnie said...

Love the room, the bed looks great on the angle and the quilt is over the top! Great work!

girlsmama said...

Looks like the perfect little girl room! We could look at Material Girls for fabric if pineneedles doesn't have what you want. I want to go to Material Girls. :)

haley said...

wow- wow- wow!!!! it is beautiful!!!! i agree with marci about the country living magazine, but i think it deserves the cover!!!! and i want to go to material girls too! i haven't been there yet, but i heard it is awesome! i'll bring my pattern for you on saturday.

Cannon Clan said...

looks awesome! i vote for green on the back og your quilt, and.....on the walls! yummo.

Mindy said...

It looks like a magazine! I love what you've done, and I love the quilt. If you like the green, go for it! Just do what you love.

Marie said...

I love her room! You also need to come to my house and decorate!!

Lisa Henderson said...

Love it! It looks so classic!

mommymelb said...

I love her room too, you definately have talent. On another note, are you liking "The Host"? I stated up and read it all the day it came out. I'd love to know what someone else thought :)

draperm said...

What an amazing amount of time that went into the room. It turned out adorable. Maybe you could head this way for some decorating tips. I need all the help I can get. Truly, it is so fun to stand back and see something that has taken an effort to accomplish, ya know. Well done!

Team Clark said...

oh my word - it looks like a pottery barn picture. Way to go.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin