Wednesday, November 5, 2008

it's snowing


i have no real picture today, because ALL my projects are in "halfway" status. so i'll put in one of my boys this morning doing something i love them doing, playing together and having thier best friends live under the same roof. truely i am so greatful that they love to play together.
i don't think i'm going to make too much headway on too many projects today either. we'll see how the day plays out...but i need a day off, and that's not going to happen, so i'm curling up under my quilt start reading one of the books i got from the library while the little one naps, drink hot chocolate, start a fire, and stay in my sweats all the live long day.
i asked for a blessing from our bishop (something i have a hard time doing because i always think, there are people who need it far worse than i do.) but i did it anyways...what a blessing, it was a.maz.ing. i was blessed with strength, amongst many other things that are very personal and dear to my heart, i was promise many things, and my faith has been strengthened.

ah and yes the countdown to my birthday has started 5 days till my 33rd...what do i have lined up? well i'm getting my hair done tomorrow, and i asked her to wax my eyebrows because truth be told i lost my tweezers about a month ago, and i'm growing a national forest around my once nicely plucked eyebrows, i'm going up to slc, going to a BYU game with the youth in my church, and i'm going to fabric stores WITH my children and not get embarrassed of the disaster we are in public places, oh and i might throw in there a little Tai Pan...and i'm going to eat glorious Chinese food! yes i'm going to have a grand time...while i drag my children with me everywhere I WANT TO GO! ;) and they'll like it!

14 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Sounds like a relaxing day and a good birthday planned. I love Tai Pan I was so excited when ours opened in St George! Happy early Birthday!

Georgia Girl said...

Sounds like a nice day Vanessa. So it really is snowing? Gosh I wish it would here just once in a while.

The hot choc sounds yummy!We have three birthdays this month, 13, 23, 29....I will be 48...wishing I was younger sometimes.

Anjeanette said...

I don't think you should ever feel like you don't deserve a blessing. Everyone needs them from time to time!

I loved hearing about your plans for the day. Makes it feel all warm and cozy. Wish we had some of that here

Anonymous said...

It's too early for a lot of snow!

haley said...

happy early 33rd!!! enjoy yourself and the snow and the day off!!!

Julie said...

I'm making you a chocolate cake on Monday and now that it's in print I will really have to do it.

Pemberley Court said...

hey V. I know exactly how you feel about receiving a blessing. I was in the same boat. I was finally convinced that I was worthy of receiving a blessing just for me and for my needs (health). It really strenthened my faith!!! Hope you are feeling better these days about all that is goin on if your life! Happy birthday!

girlsmama said...

I'm sorry I'm not home to help with the kiddos. I'm sure they'll behave. :)

Mindy said...

I'm excited that we're going to be the same age! Well... for a couple of months anyway. ;)

Bonnie said...

I would take you up on your offer to come along~what a fun time. I stayed in all day and didn't do much either. I love those kind of days once in awhile. I am glad you had a nice blessing. I have been feeling the need for one too. It is funny how we wait until we're nearly desperate..where did we ever get the notion that there's only a quantitative amount to go around? Everyone seems to have that idea but in reality it cannot be so. Know what I mean?

Aubrey said...

Sounds like so much fun. We love Tai Pan.

Ooh--are you going to show us the fabrics you buy and tell where you bought them? I bet you're fun to shop with--since you have such cute taste.

You can't get more embarrassed than I am with all my children. I actually yell (and swear) at them loudly like perfect white trash.

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

I am so happy for you! You will be in my neck of the woods. There is a great fabric store on 7200 S. You should go check it out!

Camille said...

Good for you! Its a good day when you get to read a book, wear sweats and drink hot chocolate. Glad you are feeling better! Happy birthday in 5 days!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday miss v! you're a baby yet.:) your day sounds like bliss...love love love the snow. unfortunately it was my first day of driving a school bus and i had to be out of bed at 5:00 in the am...YUCK! that's the worst part of this job.:)
i hope you loved yours though and have a FUN birthday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin