Tuesday, February 3, 2009

things i love...

hand made goodness...for little girls. felt food is one of my big time obsessions. i can't get enough of it, i'm working on making some patterns of my own because i see that there are a lot of felt food out there, but not many patterns. the strawberries were my first attempt at making felt something or other last summer . remember when i showed you these milk bottles a while ago? they are still by far one of my favorite second hand finds and i love that they are solid wood and that they look so dang cute in her kitchen.this little kitchen is made out of all odd pieces of wood that were hanging out in my shop, my wonderful friend who just has a knack for making things helped me make the little one's kitchen sink and oven...and here's something you probably don't know about me...i'm an 85% to 95%-er. what does that mean? oh well do you see all those staples just hanging out there for all to see? yeah i'm suppose to put ric rac or ribbon over that...it's been a year since i made it but lo and behold there is sits ALMOST done... and there you have it the definition of what an 85% to 95%-er is. i'm also suppose to make a fridge to go with the whole kitchen...maybe this summer.
this yummy doll quilt was made out of scraps from the little one's baby blanket...one of her favorites as well as mine.

and apparently this is what happens when mom goes out to lunch with some friends. GI Joe husband chuckled as i walked thorough the door and said "you have to see the picture i took of the little one." i asked if she was throwing a fit in the picture and he then replied "uh, no that's your daughter out cold on the floor after "cooking." apparently you and she have more in common than you thought...you both have the attitude that cooking is hard and exhausting." ha.ha.ha.

24 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

so cute! I love all the food

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

That is just the sweetest thing! I love how kids pass out in the funniest spots. I'm looking forward to those days. For now, I just get the cute baby butt in the air. I also am a 85-95%-er. I think it runs in my family!

Rachel Berry said...

What a great shot! :) I love all this felt food that's been going around blogdom. I also love all the wood play food that you can get from Doug and Melissa, if only it were a little cheaper.

And if it makes you feel any better, my whole house if chock full of "almost" done projects. :)

Marta F. Rebollos said...

I think cooking is hard and exhausting too!! :)
That kitchen is lovely! I wish I colud do those things for my daughters!! Thank you for the ideas :)
Marta

Anonymous said...

I thought everyone slept on the kitchen floor after cooking... no??

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

K said...

And she has on the little bandana skirt while cooking! So sweet! I only wish I could go straight to sleep after cooking. What a lucky little gal to have such a crafty mom! The food is cute as can be. Do you end up playing with it, too? It would be hard for me to resist!

rachel griffith said...

oh how cute.
she's is konked out.
:D

jake is funny.

and don't feel bad...
alot of us are a 85%-95%-er.
we can't help it.

Bella Della said...

I want to come over and play!

Georgia Girl said...

LOL! So cute and cooking does make us so tired...hehehe

Love all teh felt stuff...I was going to go to go get me some felt and try to make some shamrocks...St. Patty's Day is super big in my state....and city also...

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

she's just plum tuckered out... it must have been hard to prepare that feast!

Marci said...

she is so adorable! so is that little kitchen...and no-one would ever know you are and 85%er! you are the only one who will ever notice that it's not quite done!:)

amy smart said...

Every single thing in this post is just so dang cute!!!

Inspired Kara said...

The kitchen is the CUTEST!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love little girls. So dramatic. She is a doll!

lera said...

The kitchen and doll quilt are adorable.

And so is your little sweetie passed out on the floor.

Jodi Nelson said...

Great post ! I think I'd classify myself as a 85-90%er too! LOL.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Seriously, I want to cook in that kitchen!
-Jill

Anonymous said...

Just dicovered blogs and I love, love, love, yours. Thanks to G.I. Joe for his service! Ok, the 85-95%er thing ... My philosophy ... excuse ... rationalization ... is that many of us love to explore, create, figure out, etc. Once we have figured out that we can do it ... the challenge is over and we move on to the next one! From the looks of what you get accomplished -- HOLY SMOKES -- I better get moving!
Suzanne (using hub's Icon)

Mimi Sue said...

I looked exactly like her after I cooked Thanksgiving dinner last year. Well, except I'm older and bigger and I'd need 50 of those bandanas for a skirt. Almost exactly. Mimi

Sally said...

Love the stuff you make! I am so happy you have a girl to spoil!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yes, I find cooking that exhausting. Now, if I could only fall asleep as easily when I'm exhausted. So cute (and one lucky little girl.)

Deeanna said...

Woah! That comment about your GI Joe being home with the kids while you were out with friends really caught me off guard. I haven't forgotten that his deployment has ended, I've just forgotten about the luxury of what it is like to have a husband at home. My turn's coming!!!

Cara said...

Oh how sweet! Sweet little felt food, sweet kitchen, sweet baby doll quilt (all my fave fabrics) and the sweetest- little one asleep on the floor! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda Jean said...

ha! your husband is funny. just a little bit, though.

your kitchen and accessories are ADORABLE! and I LOVE the little doll quilt, too. i'm so gonna have to try that. the fabrics you used are perfect.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin