Tuesday, February 17, 2009

insert witty title here

usually i have no problem with a title and well i guess there's a first for everything... presidents day was really low key for us. with all the kids home and the husband (no longer GI Joe husband...i'll have to come up with something witty) not starting up work till next week...we pretty much just hung out and did "stuff". we started the day with fresh fruit, my organic eating mom would be so darn proud. of course we ended the day with chili cheese hot dogs, but with the fruit it all gets canceled out right? just like how when you go to McDonald's and get a big mac and the extra large fries...and you get the DIET COKE it all works out...
i started on a new project... oh i really can't wait to show you what i'm working on but that will have to wait! i think it'll be super cute
i also finished up some stuff for etsy... thank you etsy shoppers!
also because i start hyperventilating every time i think about re-upholstering anything big, i thought i would start with this...i can't wait to finish what i started today...
the little one loves to be on my lap when i sew and to be right there as i cut and create things. i can only hope that she will continue to be so "into" what mommy likes to do as she is now. i can just see us sewing together and have her tell me "mom, that was cool like 10 years ago...try this"
i'm really good at vocals...no really i am! and i'm smokin' on the drums on easy... husband thinks he's all cool cause he can do "hard" on guitar, drums and vocals...whatever
and finally after the kids went to bed, this is what i missed the most when he was gone...hanging with the husband watching Robot Chicken: Star Wars and my new favorite show "Chuck". we're still watching the first season, and recording what ever season is on now (i think it's only on it's second season?), and surely we'll catch up sooner or later. what'd you do?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually looks like a wonderful day to me.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Chuck is great, and yup, it's only on its 2nd season. Looks like a great day to me too!

Anonymous said...

I love Sweet and caqn't wait to get some. I've been saving a layer cake pattern for it when it.

Janelle said...

I've been advised to start watching Robot Chicken...I'm glad I'm not alone! LOL Fun weekend, Chip! Tell GI Joe husband hello and welcome home!

Sachiko said...

Hahahaha...Aaron loves Robot Chicken too! I am so glad that you are with your no longer GI Joe hubby. I love that polk dot chair!

{darlene} said...

Oh my. I have to tell you that I LOVE Chuck. You've gotta rent the first season... it was good. Poor Chuck and Sarah.... it is just so wonderfully ill-fated, isn't it??

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

oh you got the nintendo powerbox whatever thingy! thank goodness dad got home so that could happen, eh? i'm so happy for you that you have him back to chilax with...that's the best time of day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you agree that ordering the Diet Coke at McDonalds does count for something positive. ;) I do it all the time.

Inspired Kara said...

I'm glad to see your hubs feet in the picture with you again!

I'm so there with ya on the diet coke.

girlsmama said...

I love Chuck. And chillaxing with Mr. R. It is truly the highlight of my day. I'm glad you get to do it again!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

It is COLD and snowie in UTah and ya'll are in shorts w/ NO SOCKS!!! I can't remember the last time my legs were shaved because they are under so many layers!!

rachel griffith said...

two sets of feet!!!
yayyy!!!
{that makes my heart happy for yall!!!}

ewww my hubby can rock out hardcore on rockband.
i can hold my own on everything but the dumb drums.
:D

i can't wait to see your new projects and ESPECIALLY that upholstered chair!!!

p.s. you have inspired me to redo our dresser in the master bedroom. and i start hyperventilating everytime i think about it. i'm nervous!!!

Mimi Sue said...

It IS cold here in Utah. I haven't been out of my fuzzy socks since Nov. Together is definitely the best place to be. Mimi

Sally said...

Tom Loves Robot Chicken Star Wars!

Pemberley Court said...

I love your shoes!!!! Too cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin