Wednesday, April 9, 2008

once upon a time...


i used to really like to do laundry. the smell and warmth alone was a happy maker. somewhere around child three i think that was no longer true. and i've been so good with doing what fly lady suggests and doing a load a day(no matter what!!). seemed to of gotten things under control at our house, but add a trip to slc, and a sick little girl who throws up at the sight of milk (what's that all about?! we are now on soy milk for at least a week) and this is what happens when you've already folded, put away the load that is for the day, and you walk away for the afternoon (thinking you are done cause you followed the rule!) i can't imagine what it is for more than 4 kids and a husband put into the mix! i stayed up last night watching my smut tv (daily 10, and the hills) and folding laundry, thank heavens for smut tv!

7 comments:

melissa said...

I am embarrassed to say, but I have had piles WAY bigger than that to tackle (and I only have 2 kiddos)! I let the laundry sit far too long, because after doing the last batch I feel I deserve a break! The funny thing about laundry is it rests for no one! The one load a day is a good trick-I have started to implement that, but after a trip- all bets are off! Good luck getting caught up!

Marci said...

it seems like every time i just get it done my 16 yr old shows up with another whole batch to do. laundry is relentless!!! it's like dishes...they are never done.

Rachel Holloway said...

Isn't laundry RIDICULOUS?!?! It is ALL done and I turn around and there is an entire basket full ready to be washed!

Sigh...

Sally said...

I do a load every day and I still can't keep up! If I had the money I would hire a maid to do laundry!!! At least I like to watch TV when I fold also. Good Times!

girlsmama said...

I like smut TV and folding too! I did the same thing last night. I have to do two a day it seems to keep my piles minimal. Jarrod says we should just get rid of all the clothes except 7 outfits per person and two church outfits. In theory it sounds like it would work...but I think we'd get tired of the same thing over and over again. Oh wait I think I hear the washing machine buzzer...

haley said...

i just chucked half my wardrobe and 3/4 of my husbands... hopefully that will help with my mountain of laundry. somehow i can't bring myself to do the same with my kids stuff...

Fleming Family said...

I love the Fly Lady, I only wish I could live by her suggestions... I'll have to start up with AT LEAST one load a day. How in the heck to the kids go through more clothes than I could possibly ever imagine. The times I get frustrated is when I'm folding the clothes and see 3 or 4 items I know weren't worn (because I had just folded them the night before and the kids didn't wear it that day) and I've just washed them again. Ugh...I know your struggles! :)

BTW, I've tagged you on my page... something easy and fun. :)

Have a fantastic day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin