Wednesday, April 2, 2008

different walks of life...


i should want this right? i find so many friends walking different parts of life, some are done done with kids like 8 years ago, they have highscoolers and some that are even going off to first years of college. then i have others who are still in the process of planning when the next pregnancy will be "planned" some of those plans don't work as well and hence the other set of friends going through the process of "well what are our options to help us get pregnant" then there's the group that i fall into, "am i done? i think i am..." but it feels so final to say those words, sad really. i should be rejoicing shouldn't i? i get to work on my tired body, i get to say how much caffeine is enough, i get to say that in a couple more years i'll be able to volunteer in the kids classes without a kid on my back (literally, the backpack is a lifesaver these days!) i will be able to say if i want a day of just reading for an hour say at like 10 am, i can! so why am i so sad, blue, down, to say that i am now to walk this part of my life? it might not help that 3 out of 5 neighbors are pregnant, oops sorry 2 one just had her baby, and she smelled, looked, felt, and sounded wonderful! but do i really think another baby is in our future? i don't think so. so i should be okay, i can hold other people's babies (which up until now was not a huge happy maker for me, because i had one of my own) i just have to keep reminding myself, this is a good thing, this is a good thing...so off i go to get that stinking IUD, i know too much info i'm sorry, feel like this is where i can vent, feel down, share my newest goals, and share my accomplishments, ask for help and what not. wish me luck i'm not quite sure where an IUD falls in any of those categories, hmmmmm.

15 comments:

haley said...

i think i know what you are feeling. i had an iud put in after my little boy was born (i'm terrible at taking the pill) and now, after saying "i'm done" for the last 2 years i'm ready to have it removed and welcome another baby to the family. my husband, however isn't quite sure he's done being 'done'. how do you know when you are done? its kind of a sad thing to think that this may be the last kid i see in the 2yr old stage (which is my favorite & least favorite all at the same time)- but on a good note- i have loved loved loved my iud!!!! good luck- and let me know if you ever figure out how to KNOW when you are really done- and be ok with it.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

There is truly no such thing as "too much info" when it comes to your feelings...hence the reason we blog. :)

I'm in the same boat as you, and it's weird to day "I'm done" or to say "We're not done". I guess I think we're done.
Anyway, thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

This might make you feel better. (You have no idea who I am, but I found your blog in just 3 clicks of my friend. And I am totally inspired by your taste and style!) OK- here is the part where you might feel better... I LOVE YOUR SHOES! They are adorable and I want a pair! :)

And I'll pray for some comfort in your decision for the IUD. Myself, still trying for number 2!

Marci said...

We are going through the same thing...we don't want one but have adopted two and don't know if their crazy mom will have another one. What do we do in that situation??? I wish I could give her an IUD.LOL
Heavenly Father will know if it's the right time and if you are supposed to have another that little sucker will slip through somehow!:)
Have a great day!

Anita said...

It's amazing how many of us TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. After I had Tyson I was sure I was done--terrible prgnancy, grumpy baby, terrorizing two-yr-old etc. But then around Christmas I totally changed my mind--now I am back to NO MORE. It's a enormously tough decision--good luck with that:)

Rachel Holloway said...

May I just say that for this walk of life, you are doing it IN STYLE! It's such a tough call, isn't it? My husband has said several times that we are done having kids--and every time he says it, I think, "what? done? No--no, not yet." And then I change my mind...it IS such a final decision. But good thing about IUD's is that they AREN'T permanent!

Laura said...

If you are really sad about it, maybe that is your answer? I am sure you know best what you should do, laura

V and Co. said...

well it went well, and i am at peace with knowing that it's in and i have 5 years, it's okay...i'm fine, and i have to say that i even laughed hysterically at the doctor's visit, being a in a super small town means you know the person looking at your you know what and you know thier cousin and what they did last weekend, sooooo that might be a whole other post!

V and Co. said...

oh yeah and the shoes...I LOVE MY SHOES TOO, i have a pair of tan ones too, and they are like 6 years old, but i love them love them love them! i think they were a payless find, clearance even!

Fleming Family said...

IUD's rock!

girlsmama said...

I hate this decision. It's made it a little easier that last time was so very scary for me and baby. I just keep telling myself I don't have to make it yet.

Sally said...

I hope things go ok with the IUD, I had mine for only 2 months...horrible experience. It's such an emotional roller coaster about being "done" or not. Good thing for prayer and grandkids...

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Vanessa...just remember...an IUD is even easier to remove than to have put in...I just had mine taken out in preparation for number 6...but I can't quite work up the courage to actually take the next step (sorry...too much info). I know there is one more for us, but I'm going to make him/her a few more months! Good luck with everyhting...are you getting the one with hormones or without? Oh, and isn't your husband out of the country for a year?

V and Co. said...

OH brooke! # 6 wonderful!!! yes gone for a year, but it's free cause our insurance while in the military full time is AWESOME!!! and that means i'm going to take advantage of the situation (trust me i felt the need to explain that to the doctors and nurses too, in a small town could you imagine the rumors!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin