Thursday, April 1, 2010

babies a plenty

see growing up in the great city of los angeles and then moving to the "smaller" city of san diego...i didn't have the opportunity to see many brand new baby farm animals while in my childhood years. that is so not the case for my children as we find ourselves here in the middle of nowhere. baby farm animals are a-plenty. so much that going to the farm to see the new baby lambs has sort of become a "awwww, do we have to mom?" from the two older noisemakers. to which i answer rather kindly cause that's how i roll "yes, and so help me if you ruin this for me the two younger kids, i'll do something mean to you."
to which eye rolls are made a-plenty, sweatshirts are put on, and we happily drive away in the mini van to meet up with friends.

to see the cute baby lambs...and making memories and traditions completely different from my childhood...but still with the same intentions.


v and co loves her sponsors and welcomes newbie a beach cottage. CHECK OUT HER GIVEAWAY!

22 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I love it.
So sweet.

I live in the middle of nowhere, but it's rice farm land, not animal farm land.

But we do have lots and lots of bunnies around. :)

Katie Lewis said...

Awwww! That baby lamb is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I've never seen a baby lamb before. It's so sweet! :)

Audrie said...

I grew up in the city and I now live near farm animals... it still makes me gag but the baby ones are kinda cute. Smelly, but cute.

michele said...

oh.my.goodness. that last pic of katie and her friend is SO stinkin' adorable. that is one cute little gal ya got there.

Anonymous said...

Kids and baby lambs go together like sugar and spice!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Kathy said...

For much the same reasons, my DH and I have bought chickens and want pygmy goats so our grandbabies can experience the fun of farm animals. Cute baby lamb and baby girls! Love the freckles across that cute little nose.

Bonnie said...

This lamb is adorable!

Tasha said...

Oh, I love it. I would be right there with you wanting to see them too. :)

Anonymous said...

Spring time on the ranch/farm is the best! Great pictures.

Marci said...

look how big your little one is getting! she's lost the 'baby' look....so has peyton. sigh. she's a beauty.

Lisa said...

I have sheep lambing this week. One mama sheep just had twins Tuesday night and we found them shortly after birth. I think it's the most awesome thing...oh yeah, and my kids think it's neat too! :)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

You kids are very lucky V - they will realize it one day. Love the picture of Katie with her little friend. She's got the cutest freckles. And I'm so a sucker for pigtails! Have a blessed Easter! Jenn

Emily said...

Oh so cute! I grew up in San Diego and didn't see many farm babies either.

Lora said...

Adorable! We used to live near lots of sheep farms and have since moved! I miss it! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth S. said...

The baby lamb is so adorable and so are the two girls!

Faund Images said...

Awe... stinkin' cute! OK... I want to eat K & V right up!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Oh...those PICTURES! The baby lamb, so sweet, but those HUMANS! Oh MY! *Ü*
Joni

Anonymous said...

Adorable little ones and the lamb too!

sarah said...

love the cuties and the lamb :-)

thanks for the link

S

Melissa said...

I'm raising my two in San Diego...Guess we'll have to trade in seeing cute baby lambs on a farm for a few new babies at the Zoo and Wild Animal Park...Guess I need to take them there soon before the babies all grow up!

amylouwhosews said...

i love baby animals!

There are babies a-plenty in my ward right now too - I think there are 9 ladies who will give birth before the end of the year! The mother's lounge is going to be the hot place to hang out during Sunday School!

*katie said...

I'm in San Diego too, same as a few other girls...I saw a "teeny" baby giraffe last week at the zoo and the Wild Animal Park has a "small" elephant:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin