Thursday, December 17, 2009

real pine wreath tutorial

this wreath, is inexpensive, and pretty fast to make.
first you will need a grape vine wreath (walmart around $2)
and then you will need some pine tree limbs (when we went to get our tree i cut some limbs off of surrounding trees)
then you will need some crafting wire, and some pruning shears.
gather up a few main branches that are going to be your base of your wreath (these should be medium sized branches)
with your crafting wire, secure your branch onto the wreath by tying down your branch in a few places.

keep doing so around your whole wreath, over lapping your branches.

with a little bit smaller branches fill in places that are bare.
make sure you fill in gaps with these smaller branches.
then you are going to cut smaller clusters.
these will fill in any small gaps you have in your wreath. i used the hot glue gun for these.
when you can't see the grape wreath underneath you are done.
this is my finished plain pine wreath.
i wanted to dress it up a little so i added some ornaments on it.
i cut some of the craft wire and used it to hook it on to my wreath.
i hung my wreath with a ribbon made out of muslin, cut to about 5 inches in width.
simple and perfect for the holiday season!

25 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the wreath!! You have such a great eye for decorating and knowing what goes together.

Cristina said...

What a beautiful wreath!!You always have great ideas. I like so much this decoration.
kisses from spain

Lynette said...

I love it! So simple, yet so beautiful!!

Lynette
getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

rachel griffith said...

adorableness.

NEFÄ°SE said...

I love..it...Really..

Crystal Hendrix said...

Very nice! Thanks so much for doing this tutorials that are simple and easy and cheap!!

Erin A said...

Lovely, as usual! Don't you just love the cheap grape vine wreaths from Walmart? Can't beat that price, and they're darling. Good work! And seriously, congrats on coming up with that lovely snowy pillow on SYTYC. I had one of those stunned mouth hanging open moments when I first saw it!

Marie said...

Come on V, make me something!! HAHA< Ok, Fine, I will go out and try it myself. You are AMAZING!!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

I can smell it from here!! Yummy and darling!!

Dogwood said...

So sweet and festive. I love it. Looks very traditional and old fashioned with the greenery and red & green ornaments. Thanks for the tutorial.

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

Can you please tell me what color you painted that dresser...love it!

Faund Images said...

When do you have time to create all these amazing things??? I LOVE the wreath and have wanted to do that forever but never have the time... You blow me away!

Rebekah said...

When I was at my parents' house over Thanksgiving, I was talking about some crafty things I'd been doing and my dad pointed to a wreath on the opposite wall and said, "I made that." I gave it a second look and realized it was a loop of rusty barbed wire. It did look kind of fabulous, actually.

Shannon said...

So how do you take a picture in front of a mirror and not be in it?! Beautiful wreath, as usual!

Becky said...

I have never looked for grape vine wreaths at Wal-Marts! I used to make my fresh wreaths the same way as you except I'd use a bended coat hanger. I like yours better:)

Cindi said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. I have never been able to get the hang of it, but maybe I'll give it another go. Absolutely love the ribbon you made. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and I can almost smell it from here. :)

Kari Sweeten said...

Your so amazing! Love this!!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly {Eeny Meeny & Moe} said...

So simple and beautiful!

michaela hoenigman said...

Keep up the good work! You inspire and motivate so many of us with how blessed you are with this talent.

Sandy said...

HAHA! I just paid $15 for a real pine wreath at Costco. After this year, I will peel off all the old branches and use the form with your instructions to make my own- thanks!

dana said...

very cool! Love it!

funny footage said...

really helpful. :P

You want to check out Top Georgetown Tow Truck said...

NICE! love it! I'm sure it's gorgeous on your back door! might make one for my mother-in-law as a birthday gift!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin