Wednesday, December 24, 2008

now you've gone and made me cry...

dear middle of nowhere people,
well what can i say. i know some of you have started to read this silly little blog of mine, so i thought i would take the opportunity to say to you all THANK YOU. thank you thank you thank you. never in my wildest dreams did i think possible that you could already outdo yourselves in taking care for my family. everything from calling to making sure i'm okay, to waking up to the sounds of a tractor fixing my broken pipe, to looking out my window and seeing yet another tractor clearing off my driveway of the pesky white stuff...today you proved me wrong. to my surprise i opened the door not once but twice to wonderful ladies of the community (a sheriff included...yeah we're that cool) with their arms full to the brim with presents for my little ones (AND SOME FOR ME TOO!) to give you a little perspective, i wrapped up our presents that i went out and bought in white...YEAH, do you SEE any white in there? oh it's peppered in there but it's drowned in a sea of wonderful gifts donated by you guys to my family. so yes thank you for making up for someone not being here. *blubbery mess*

and GI Joe husband, the community also sent out a huge package of necessities for you and the guys overseas, as well as letters written by all the elementary school children, well all except nate's class. no, i got those wonderful letters here waiting for you when you come home to us. so to all of you out there in big cities and not out in the middle of nowhere, i'm really sorry you don't know these people, they have got to be hiding their wings and halo's somehow, because i'm pretty sure that's what they are. dog gone it, i really need to invest in water proof makeup.

19 comments:

Four of a Kind said...

Now I'm about to cry! What a great community you live in! Merry Christmas!

melissa said...

they got me teared up too! i am so glad you guys are being well cared for in jake's absence! what an amazing community! merry christmas and a WONDERFUL new year ahead (complete with your sweet hubby safe at home). love to you all!

Mindy said...

You've made me cry too! I'm so glad there are so many good people there!

Lori said...

Aren't small town and rural people great? We take care of our own! Now go hugs those babies of yours and pray over them. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Georgia Girl said...

Gish you just made me tear up also! Oh I know exactly how it is living in a small town too! Have a wonderful Christmas V with your children!

Also please let GI Joe and the rest of his group know how grateful my family is for what they are doing for us! God Bless you!!

Amber said...

I started reading your blog a few weeks ago. I have to say, this is the sweetest story I have heard this Christmas. You deserve it! It's wonderful to hear the people are still kind, people still care and they can help bring a little more of the true meaning of Christmas to our hearts. Thanks you for sharing this sweet sweet story! Thank you, also, for sharing your GI Joe husband with our nation for our freedom!

SLO Rober said...

Wow. What a blessing. I'm so glad you are surrounded by love. We are all pulling for you out here, too. The letter to Gi Joe is so poignant. Merry Christmas.

Rachel Holloway said...

TOTALLY AWESOME! I am so happy for you...for everything. And especially that GI JOE will be home soon. :)

Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing so much of your life with so many people. You really have inspired me!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thank you to your GI Joe and all the others like him.
And thank you to you and all the families at home supporting them and waiting for them to return.
Peace to each of you.

Marci said...

well miss v...i have one thing to say to you. if you weren't such an amazing little lady this would surprise me but it doesn't. you get back what you put out there and you are a doll with so much talent and i'm sure that you share the wealth plenty. plus i think your little town is pretty awesome and i'm sure there are many many many sweet people because i met a few.:) merry christmas! and thank you gi joe from me.

Marci said...

well miss v...i have one thing to say to you. if you weren't such an amazing little lady this would surprise me but it doesn't. you get back what you put out there and you are a doll with so much talent and i'm sure that you share the wealth plenty. plus i think your little town is pretty awesome and i'm sure there are many many many sweet people because i met a few.:) merry christmas! and thank you gi joe from me.

Carrie Stevenson said...

So great. neighbors and friends make the whole thing bearable. my belief in the humanity and kindness of others is intact!

Nicole said...

Your family is definitely deserving. I'm sure you'd rather have your GI Joe husband than a house full of gifts, but thank you for supporting him in defending our freedom, I love your picture below, you have such a beautiful family!

girlsmama said...

I'm so glad you are being well taken care of. You all deserve it. And I know it makes J's heart full to know that you are cared for as well. We love you all!

Trixi said...

I don't even know where your little town is and I love it. I am hoping for a similar outpouring when my honey is deployed in less than 6 months. It is so hard to write that or even think it.

Deeanna said...

Oh, I'm so glad the locals are taking such good care of your family!! You deserve it!

Sandy said...

Wow - what a great community you have! I'm glad you have so many people looking out for you and your family - I'm sure it makes your husband's job a bit easier on him, too!

Sally said...

I'm glad you had a sweet Christmas! That is amazing! Thank you to Jake and you and the kids for all your sacrifices!

Jeni said...

LOVE it! sniffle sniffle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin