Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a binding we will go...


i've been working my fingers off it seems these days binding. binding my quilts that are finished, and binding for other people (.12 cents an inch) not bad money. i love that i get to help people finish their projects, the happiness and gratitude they express is pay enough, but the money is well needed to feed the fabric addictions over here soooo....yeah the money is nice. i really don't mind doing this part of people's quilts for them, especially when i love it so. when a quilt is bound, it is finally finished and looks lovely, crisp, yummy,and ready to hang out under with a book. just all around a happy maker. i'm off to bind two more right now for others, and hopefully finish up my table runners sometime later this week. i'm posting new aprons in the shop tomorrow, so come back and check those out. they are darn cute and your hubby won't be able to stop thinking dirty thoughts about you in it. hey, maybe you could get a "betty" of your own with the help of one of these aprons! haha! i'm TOTALLY joking, well not really.

10 comments:

Trixi said...

Instead of the .12 cents for binding, I just want you to make the whole quilt and I will buy it!! LOL

I love your Betty. She is beautiful and oh, what a good husband.

Brooke said...

Hey Vanessa...I just realized I don't have your actual address. Can you email it to me sometime if you take a binding break? Brooke

Nicole said...

I love to bind quilts too. I used to bind them once in awhile for Sew N' Save when I worked there. I love putting on a good movie and just sitting in my big ugly lazy boy and stitching away.

Laura said...

I am so excited for that quilt from how many years ago? to finally be REALLY finished. I can display it with a smile, rather than looking at it with the reminder that I am not good at finishing projects. Thank you so much, Laura

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

i love the stars that you've quilted in that little quilt from the picture.
have a happy binding day!

SLO Rober said...

Ditto the address request from Brooke. Can you CC me when you email her. Also, I used your binding tutorial and it was great. I made my first quilt with binding and it turned out pretty good for a first. I've got a few more quilts in the works and now the binding isn't hanging me up from finishing it.Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the table runner in your picture..... in fact, it looks familiar!?!? Haha. Thanks for saving my Mom lot's of headaches - she HATES to bind, so a lot of her projects go undone for that reason alone.
BTW - will you give me just an ounce of your energy? You're amazing!

girlsmama said...

Aprons have that affect at my house...I can't wait to see yours! I'm sure they will be darling.

rachel griffith said...

hahaha.
the apron comment was great.

:D

see i'm the person that doesn't want to bother with binding.
ick.
lol.

Mimi Sue said...

I've just taken a beginning quilt class and haven't finished my quilt but the binding is a little scarey. I'll use your tutorial (if) when I get my quilt done. Mimi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin