Monday, March 3, 2008

watching someone else kids and blogging don't mix

gave my kids and the extra kids some lunch...cleaned up lunch, put katie down for a nap and told the kids to go into the boy's room to find a few toys to play with. went to the computer uploaded my new barrette pictures to my country chick blog, went to go check on the kids and found this... wow...matter of minutes! maybe my kids don't do this cause they know if i have to clean up their room they owe me 10 tokens, and tokens around the house are gold! soooo, they are pretty good at playing with stuff (and not EVERYTHING at once) and when i say they have 5 minutes to clean up, they do and it usually takes less than two! the extra kids are cute, but oh my!

6 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

I still remember you and the vacuuming up of the toys! That was a good one! I did make my kids take some stuff to DI once that they didn't clean up. Generally that doesn't happen twice, so my kids are pretty good about cleaning up. Now If only Lowell would join the bandwagon.

V and Co. said...

haha! yeah to this day whenever they see me going for the vacume they all start scrambling, and i havnt done that in years! i'm sure they will be going to therapy for that one! but it's kept their room clean!

Laura said...

You will have to devote a post to discussing your "token" system. Maybe that would help us around here.

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay--let's hear about those tokens! I want to put some fear in my kids! :)

girlsmama said...

If only this was a surprise at my house...

Jenny said...

This looks all too familiar (more common for us when we have other kids over, too, though my kids have been known to do it all on their own, as well)!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin