Thursday, June 26, 2008

picnic blanket for the little one

i last night i finally binded the little ones picnic blanket. in theory this is a very easy quilt to make. in reality, if i had instructions instead of just going off of my memory of what i saw at a quilt store up north, and if i had some fabric glue instead of pining every individual square down, it might of been a super easy quilt. but i'm impatient, and being out in the middle of nowhere, i did not have access to buying fabric glue, so i went with it...
my quilting isn't straight and there are some puckers here and there, but the little missy is not yet 2 and i don't think those things matter so much to her. she loves it i love it and i love playing picnic with her (so do the boys, but they don't want me to mention that, shhhh)

10 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

TOTALLY CUTE--like always. I know I say that A LOT, but I mean it every time! You are amazing!

girlsmama said...

What a masterpiece! I love it. And the photo vignettes are marvelous as well.

Marci said...

could we pretend that my girls are your girls and you could spoil them with all of the cute things that you make your little one? she is so lucky to have a cute little mommy like you who most obviously adores her.
btw-are you gonna share that quilt pattern?

laura.elizabeth said...

I love it Vanessa- you inspire creativity in me daily! Thanks. Did I mention that I am taking a quilting class on Saturday? I thought you would be very proud. I will let you know how it goes. If my project turns out alright, I might even post picture.

melissa said...

ok- that is officially too cute! i love your new header photo too!

Becca said...

I am sooo jealous of your sewing skills! Someday you'll have to give me lessons!

Cannon Clan said...

cute blanket, you do great work!
i love the new pict, you can see their personalities!

Kara said...

What a good mom you are to picnic with your kids! I love your picture on your header! Such a cute family! So when are we going to hang out again???

Mindy said...

Oooh, I want to make one! That is SO cute!

acte gratuit said...

The CUTENESS!!! This is TORTURE! Why oh WHY don't I have a GIRL!?!?!?!?!?!?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin