Monday, June 23, 2008

family picture...or rather lack there of

i tried to take pictures of the kids yesterday...i didn't get anything worth putting up on my header. but i was looking at all of them and noticed kyle...
and the cat that he was holding...i would feel bad for it but truth be told, i'm starting to hate those cats. also my 4 year old likes to "spike" his OWN hair, i'm not allowed to touch it and well, you see the result of his attempts.
and this is our new pasture grazer she's half horse half donkey so that makes her a mule, and let me tell you mules sound nothing like horses and when you are expecting a horse sound to come out of this very large animal, the sound that comes out of it scares the crap out of you!...so now count with me:
1 mule for grazing

2 calf's also for grazing

6 little kittens that run ALL over the dang house and climb up my furniture non stop, pull down my quilts (yeah and they are still alive), and who poop all the live long day (thankfully in a litter box but still! gross!)

1 momma cat that is still nursing all 6 kittens and has an appetite that is going to eat me out of a house and home and who is mirroring how tired i feel sometimes
1 lazy dumb dog that is so loved by...
1 very missed husband over seas

4 crazy kids who for some reason go through spurts of not able to do anything for themselves or do what is asked of them, and are pretty much trying real hard to become monkeys while they are disobeying and needing me...

and lastly:

1 crazy lady trying so dang hard to hold it all together...with a smile.

9 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of Kyle and the cat! Hilarious! And that mule is not yours right?!

Marci said...

your kids are just too gorgeous...those brown eyes. could you hold onto that 4 yr old for maya please? bless your soul little lady. animals can be a tremendous pain in the @!#$! now read this post and the last post and you will feel all better about them veggin out in front of the tv.:)

V and Co. said...

oh good heavens no not my mule, same people that own the calves' mule.
yes kyle is pretty cute, he's also pretty charming...

Mindy said...

Ah, animals... I can't say that I'm an animal lover at all. I'm sorry!! We have 1 dumb dog that I have to go get when she gets in the neighbor's yard, and 1 cat that drives me nuts. Thank goodness none inside, and no more than that!

laura.elizabeth said...

And you are doing a great job too! I love your family (crazy as they may be) because they remind me of mine! Funny how that works- hu?

haley said...

i love the spikes!!! he does a good job! and is it bad to say that i totally think your boys are way too cute to be boys???? it's not fair! you can send them my way when you feel like a break down and i will happily have them swinging in their monkey way from my chandellier (not that i have one)!

Nash said...

I had no idea you have been without tv for that long. is it you or just your kids? we don't have cable which I like, i really haven't missed it, cept for food channel.
we have no animals, but we are looking at getting a poodle. ha, not much like a farm animal huh?
your kids are adorable.
i have kids that would match up nicely with yours.

Rachel Holloway said...

hahahahaha!!!! That is awesome!!!

Love the spikes and the love of pets. We have 1 "pet"--a random bunny who hops through our yard every few days. :)

That' it...for a long, long time.

You're such a good woman...

Jennifer Never said...

My friend Vanessa has a farm, E-I-E-I-O...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin