Wednesday, June 18, 2008

and now we sit and wait…

i’m burnt, i’m tired, i’m dirty, and i've got some paint on me too.

seriously…i’ve spent the last two days busting my butt planting. and these pictures are all that I have to show for it…i know i know it’ll keep growing and filling in and I should be getting some nice zucchini, squash and tomatoes sometime later this summer...apparently i’m into instant gratification, none of this waiting around and watching things grow at a snails pace. but whatever, i can’t make time go faster (trust me i would make this year go in a blink of an eye if i could!!!)
can you see the chain link fence? its EVERYWHERE... I hate it, and I can’t justify spending thousands of dollars putting in a nicer one…it does the job and it came with the house…so, the plan is to plant vine-y things all around the fence so that i have a “natural” privacy fence thingy…so like in a 100 years I’ll have the perfect fence with vines and flowers all over it…I should just get the stupid fence.
this by far is the favorite that i have going on right now...i love how it hangs over the basket




I’ve totally slacked off on sewing. since I’ve practically lived outside for the past two days and we had story time at the library, my kids are doing baseball and soccer, thank heavens I didn’t sign them up for swimming lessons… I haven’t even seen my sewing machine. It’s cold and lonely and it’s feeling neglected but i’m planning on sewing today…on the schedule is to make a skirt out of a pillow case i got at a thrift store (50cents), and I’m sewing outside pillows for my chairs in the back patio area. Oh yeah and I’m hoping to finish that darn doll quilt that’s been sitting there staring at me every day as I pass by it. Big plans… lets see how much I actually get done. wow is anyone else sensing a sour mood…hmmm. I need chocolate…oh wait i’ve already been abusing the chocolate…i mean i need MORE chocolate.

10 comments:

haley said...

no, it sounds like you need a ddp! and then make the trip to my house and tell me what to do with my back yard and how in the world to not kill everything i try to plant. i have the kiss the death in my 'GREEN' thumb!

SLO Rober said...

I like the wattering can with the lavender colored flowers.

V and Co. said...

what's ddp?

The Willeyes said...

ddp..i think that's diet dr. pepper! Yum:) Vanessa, you are so talented. Your house looks like it could be in a magazine. Everything is so pretty. Glad you had a fun trip. It's fun to have you back in the blogging world, i missed reading your blog while you were gone:) Happy gardening! It looks great:)

V and Co. said...

OH DUH! ddp!!! DIET DR PEPPER...i get it...i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed haley! i get super confused when people use "sahm" and dh something or other and all those other things...i DO know LOL though...

girlsmama said...

It looks wonderful! It is so inviting and beautifiul!

Marci said...

what is dh? i still haven't figured that one out! virginia creeper is your best friend for that fence. it grows fast and it grows crazy and it is GORGEOUS in the fall when it turns bright red. the only down part is that the birds poop out the seeds and you have to pluck the new plants out of where you don't want them sometimes.
glad you are back...missed reading you and your funniness every day! btw...you are as cool as kelly.:)

Mae said...

Love the garden! You can get fast growing vines to cover your fence in a couple years. But the down side to those fast growing vines is that you have to prune them often...because they're fast growing. Ask at your local (or maybe in your area, not so local) for appropriate vines that will cover a fence fast and what upkeep they'll need. My friend has Cecil Bruner climbing roses in Idaho, but I don't know if they'll survive your cold.

V and Co. said...

"dh" i think is dear husband? or is it dumb husband? i have no idea...
thank you guys for the suggestions...i think i'll ask about the vines and i'll keep you posted on which ones i get!

Sally said...

Love your style girl! Beautiful!

BTW, Summer had her tonsils and adenoids out so that's why she's in bad shape...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin