Wednesday, January 26, 2011

one one

the littlest one and i have been busy baking and making. the boys had a half day today so we had to get things ready in the morning, hence why i didn't get this post up till now!
today is my oldest noisemaker's birthday. i can't believe i have an 11 year old. but i also can't believe that i have wrinkles and have had to pluck gray hair...but there you have it, all of the above are true.
so without further adieu here's a few things about you on your 11th birthday.
*you love to draw. you are pretty good at it too.
*you love love LOVE pizza.
*if you are in the room and in charge of the TV you can bet that Mythbusters, the history channel, or the military channel will be on.
*you want to try a lot of things.
*you really want to do what is right. (it's very admirable)
*you love to play with your brothers.
*you just passed the arrow of light in cub scouts and now you move on the boy scouts. and you love it.
*you still amaze me how awesome and gentle you are with little kids, and especially babies.
*your cat sleeps on your head at night.
*you have made leaps and bounds in the past 2 years. (what a journey!)
*you've made me cry tears of sadness, happiness, frustration, and joy.

kid, you are so loved. i know the things we go through in this life make us a better person in the next and i just want to let you know how amazing i think and know you are.
happy birthday.
hope you enjoy your pizza and cupcakes.

ps: i will close the giveaway tomorrow, and i will announce the winner on friday.
have a good couple of days!
pps: thanks for all the well wishes on my tv debut, and for all the suggestions. will be counting up to see which project won!

19 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Today is my 2 yr old son's b-day too! Have a great day! Jenn

Unknown said...

I'll tell you what, you make some good lookin' babies.
Enjoy 11. It is such a great time of life. You get glimpses of the people they will become, but they still want lots of hugs!
My "baby" just turned 17. Now how the heck did THAT happen???

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Aw such a sweet boy!! Happy Birthday!

bethanndodd said...

Happy Birthday to your biggest little one! I oldest son will be 11 in June...where does the time go?!

africanaussie said...

what a lovely gift to your son! please enter me in the giveaway

ljeanne said...

Happy Birthday! Today is my grandson's birthday - 1 year old.

SuzyMcQ said...

V-
What a touching post, it made me teary. You have done such a wonderful job with your son, what an admirable young man he is, such a good and loving soul.

May his future continue to be filled with love, with light, the warmth of family, good friends and much, much happiness.

Here is a quote I read that made me think of you and your son.

Lucky parents who have fine children usually have lucky children who have fine parents.
-- James A. Brewer

The One and Only said...

Happy Birthday!! I also like Mythbusters and the History channel!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Monique Kleinhans said...

what a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing this wonderful part of your life!

momto2wasd said...

He sounds like a wonderful person! Happy birthday to him!

Allie And Michael Schulze said...

Wow, I still remember holding him when he was born....where has the time gone! He looks so much like Jacob, too, it's crazy!

amylouwhosews said...

What a cute boy. Will he babysit my kids for me so you and I can go do some damage at Material Girls? and IKEA? and Tai Pan? and Cafe Rio? with a dessert stop at See's?

V and Co. said...

thanks guys! he's a pretty good kid and we're lucky to call him ours!

Jonna said...

Each time you write up something for your kids birthdays, I sit behind my laptop, willing myself not to cry, but I tear up anyway. Congratulations to your kids, with such a fabulous mom!

Melissa said...

I thought Moda said the giveaways were open until 5 pm the 27th, darn, I missed it!
Happy Birthday to your son!!

Misty said...

I have a 12 year old who also LOVES Mythbusters and History Channel! At least it's not MTV their watching!

Liz said...

Definitely a GREAT kid! Tell him Happy B-day from me. Oh by the way... CONGRATS on the new found FAME! :0) I'm sure I can figure out a lesson plan that will include a little "Good Things Utah!" Can't wait to watch... Good Luck!

girlsmama said...

WAIT! That means mine will be 11 soon!

Happy Birthday Mr. N! I'm so proud of all the progress you have made!

Marie said...

tell him happy birthday, I did not know you had a kid in January, its a great month for a birthday, I say that because mine is in January too,
I am so exicited for you, I am going to scream out loud that I know her when I see it on tv, (I am a bit silly) best of luck to you....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin