Friday, January 28, 2011

me at the sewing summit

this is what i'm wearing to my tv debut


oh man i promise i didn't mean for all my "behind the blogging scenes" news to all come out at the same time, but it seems like it's raining "vanessa's dropping another thing she's been holding from all of you." over here.

i'm so excited and humbled and nervous to announce that yes, yours truly has been asked to speak at the sewing summit. if you've not heard about it, go get yourself learned. this is a conference that will take place on october 7th thru 9th in salt lake city at the little america hotel. i'm excited just alone about being able to stay at the little america hotel, seriously i'll probably sleep soooo good! and then not to mention the teacher's that have already been announced (and more to be announced as well!) i'm so excited to be able to see and be with some great friends i've met in the past, like amy of diary of a quilter. hey amy!we finally get to hang out for more than just a few minutes! and some i've never met but can't wait to meet in person. including my great blogging friend alison of cluck cluck sew. hey al! we can finally laugh so hard in person and watch soda fly out our noses!

what i've been asked to speak on is: Photographing Your Creations – Simple Changes for Maximum Impact.

but i must admit, when amy and erin asked me to do this class my initial reaction was "HAHAhaha...ha...hmmm oh. what? you're serious? wait, you know i'm not even close to being a professional right?"

erin answered back "that's why we want you, people like your pictures, and we want the regular gal to learn from another regular gal." so erin thank you so much for boosting my confidence, even if just a smidge, and i promise to continue to research and keep learning more as time goes on so i can bring even more to the table!

and well people, if i am anything i am most def a regular gal,still learning the ropes, but if you want to come and learn a few things i've learned thus far to help represent your creations the way you want them to in a photograph come and make sure to sign up. but if photography isn't what you want to learn, just wait and watch what other classes and teachers they have lined up! i know i'm already planning on trying to catch as many classes i can while i'm up there!

so now that i've dropped a few things this last week of what i've been working on, are you ready for a few more things to surface? hmmm maybe one more next week. ;)

have a great weekend.
i'm hoping for a relaxing one with the husband and kids.
unfortunately my husband just saw that the syfy original movie of megapython vs gateroid will be airing this Saturday and got excited like a little school girl.
sometimes i think he does these things just to screw with me.
wish me luck.
we'll talk soon.

28 comments:

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

The Sewing Summit sounds awesome. Actually I feel like I should have gone with "sensational" to keep the alliteration going. But anyway, awesome you are speaking and awesome they have something like that. I think you are perfect for the job.

And my husband forced me to watch the original "Clash of the Titans", the whole time going back and forth, watching me and the screen, to see if I was truely appreciating it for what it was. I fell asleep, like, 30 minutes in, so he went and got out 7 year old OUT OF BED to watch it with him.

Biz said...

How EXCITING!
Oh and can I have that same outfit...it's beautiful!
Biz

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Yea! How fun! You are just having so many exciting things going on! Congrats--you deserve it! Maybe Sabra and I can go and see you...it sounds like a ton of great stuff will be going on there!

Katherine said...

How fun!Happy Friday!I'm blog hopping today. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness and a fabulous weekend of Happy, Katherine

de said...

Exciting! Very classy outfit! Love it!

Haute Deb Designs said...

I'm so very excited for you! But, sad to say, I'm still obsessed with your outfit choice!! Good one ;) I'm sure you'll do great.

dana said...

Congrats!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Congrats V! - You look fabulous by the way!! Love the grey. Best of luck at the summit. Jenn

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I wish I lived a bit closer so I could come. I definitely could use a little help in the photo department. Have a wonderful weekend.
Chris
www.LivyLouDesigns.com

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Why don't I live by you? Oh wait do I say that too much :).

PS your picture is super sass-a-frasin it. One hot momma.

rissa80@gmail.com
Just Another Day in Paradise

Melissa Corry said...

Yippee Skippee!!! I so look foward to meeting and learning from you there :)

V and Co. said...

ha thanks guys on the outfit. it took many many hours of trying on different things. i finally bought a pencil skirt, and then it just came together!
oh and sabra, i'm so sorry about clash of the titans...jake also makes me watch "B" zombie movies. it's horrible what i do in the name of love.

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

I can't BELIEVE you shave in the winter!! What kinda Utahn are you?

V and Co. said...

oh my gosh i just spit up water all over my lap top heather thanks a lot!

Clover said...

I was wondering if yo could do a post or a series of posts based on what you are speaking about. most of us wont be at the summit but would LOVE some advice on this!

Thanks

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you'll be there with us. And seriously, I hope I didn't say "you aren't a professional" ... or at least put it a little more delicately. But maybe I was writing 2am emails again and had no idea what I was saying! ;]

amy smart said...

Woot! I can't wait to see that soda spray. :)

Patty said...

Will you be able to post some of your tips for those of us who cannot see you in person?

Patty said...

Will you be able to post some of your tips for those of us who cannot see you in person?

V and Co. said...

erin! no no no! if anything you made me feel like the person to do it! thank you!

amy bring the soda.

patty good idea! i may just have a series of blog posts on all the stuff i gather up for the conference. i'm thinking later fall!

Laura said...

LOVE the outfit. It looks so professional and "I know what I'm doing so listen up".

Congratulations on the summit as well!

lisaghowie said...

Love the skirt! Can we see it standing up? Will you post a pattern for it? By the way - you and your outfit look fantastic. Good luck at the Summit!

V and Co. said...

I didn't make this one, bit I'm planning on doing one soon! If it works I'll let you know what I did!

bethanndodd said...

Sheesh...I wish i looked that good sitting down...the outfit is great!
I so wish I could make the Sewing Summit but it's not looking promising right now. Who knows though, there is still lots of time :)

Ally said...

Great choice of outfit! SO cute!

Eileen said...

I'm so excited to see that you'll be teaching at Sewing Summit! It's going to be a fabulous weekend! :)

Morgan Moore said...

Look at you, cutie pants!!

Double D said...

I am so happy for you!! By the way you look hot in your outfit.... way to go! Love ya

Blog Widget by LinkWithin