Wednesday, October 6, 2010

hello, goodbye

this month is one big huge month of hello goodbyes. i didn't realize how many things have been creeping up on me that are about to change or have already changed. and then add selling a house and moving into another one.
well here's a few of my hello goodbyes:

*hello to a new bed! (bed frame from my favorite store IKEA)
goodbye to the queen size bed that usually has at least one child's feet in my face or in the husband's back every single morning. oh and that had broken over the years like 10 times and no not because of what you are thinking but because it was really soft wood. dirty minds.

*hello to all three boys being in school and katie in pre-school.
goodbye to little hands always needing me at every single waking moment of the day. :(

*hello to no more national guard every single month.
goodbye to weekends that are sometimes stressful.

*hello to a new house.
goodbye to our old one that we've worked on for 3 and half years to get it to where we have it today.

*hello to a larger house.
goodbye to only having 3 bedrooms.

*hello to new neighbors. (and no not moving from our little town.)
goodbye to the gorgeous views we had from our back yard.


*hello to smaller lawns.
goodbye to the husband complaining that we have too much lawn and we need a riding mower.

*hello to my own office.
goodbye to working in my kitchen and being spread out all over my kitchen table only to have kids move things over when they come home from school and me having to put everything away till i can put it back out only to have it happen again the next day.

*hello to the husband getting his own office slash guest room.
goodbye to the husband having to request that the kids keep it down so he can get something done and then only getting more frustrated so he goes back to work to work on his other job.

*hello to the husband being home more.
goodbye to my not being able to get a hold of the husband all the time.

*hello to a really pretty landscaped front yard.
goodbye to my trips to the nursery and being baffled of what will actually grow in 7000 feet and what can withstand negative temps for our long winters.

*hello to a basement.
goodbye to all of us being on top of each other trying to do whatever it is that we do and actually liking being near each other because we want to be not because we have to be.


okay there's more but i have to take care of a bazillion things before i get little people coming home. one of them is to keep packing.
sometime in the next two weeks we will be in the other house. i've already taken some pictures of the befores...but i think you might want to see some durings and afters as well. it's a different layout so things will be moved around and re arranged till i get things right. it may take a little changing of things and style so we shall see how it all goes.

we'll talk soon!
;)

45 comments:

Kristin said...

Im guessing you moved from small town (Loa) Utah?

Mindy said...

I freakin' love your bedroom.

Emily said...

I am so excited for all these fun changes. Best of luck with it all!

Tasha said...

Good luck withall these changes. Love your new bed.

elise said...

love. your. bed.
(and suuuuuuure, soft wood. trying to keep it clean here, but you really set yourself up for a good one. must. be.good!)

Jen said...

Your bed (and bedroom) is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE the quilt on your bed! It's so pretty with all the white and some pinwheels in there. It gives me inspiration to make a quilt like this when I don't have a ton of my favorite fabric! I never know what to do when I only have a little bit and this is stunning!

an encourager said...

Fun post!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I LOVE your quilt, it's bright and beautiful! And where did you get your bed? I love it, too!

I hope you all do okay with all your "changes"...the nice thing is, you'll all be together anymore!

XOXO
Joni

Sarah said...

Love. Your. Bedroom. and the quilt...and the bench...and...and...where did you get that gorgeous bedframe?

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

All I keep hearing in my head is "Hello, hello! I don't know why you say good-bye, I say hello..."

V and Co. said...

just added the info to the post...the bed frame is from IKEA.

V and Co. said...

oh and lol! yeah that was the song i kept thinking when i was writing this post hence why i named the post "hello, goodbye." sooo love the Beatles!

Justine said...

Wooohooo! Congrats! :)

Just Better Together

Petit Design Co. said...

sad and happy at the same time, I hate feeling like that!

Amy said...

You are so cute, Vanessa. You have such charm and personality in your writing. Hope you get settled into the new house quickly :)

NorahS said...

Looking forward to seeing you work your decorating magic on the new house!

Camille said...

Hooray for more room! You are going to love spreading out. Can't wait to see the new place. I'm more than a little jealous you'll have a basement...
Sent you a little something a while back- hope it made it!

Lindsay said...

Hello and Goodbyes are good :) YAY for a new bed!!

kathytypestoo said...

so glad you didn't say goodbye to the blog, i was holding my breath! best wishes as you get yourself packed and moved. can't wait to see the new place :)

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

I think we can handle a before post now!! I honestly can't wait..and you know what? We just might have some ideas!!

Amber said...

I LOVE your quilt!!!! I am in search of a new quilt for my king size bed adn this is right up my alley!!! I am assuming you or someone else made it but if not...I need to know where I can find it. If you did make it, did you use a pattern and what fabrics did you use? LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Amber said...

I LOVE your quilt!!!! I am in search of a new quilt for my king size bed and this is right up my alley!!! I am assuming you or someone else made it but if not...I need to know where I can find it. If you did make it, did you use a pattern and what fabrics did you use? LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Tracey said...

wow.. a lot of new and wonderful things coming your way.. I can only dream of no more Guard weekends.... only 16 more months to retirement!!!! YEAHH! I love the bed and wish you the best in your new home!

Taylor said...

Love the new bed. Can't wait until we get rid of our queen!

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, Congratulations! You're going to have SO much fun ... and so are WE!

Unknown said...

Your bed is so cute. I live above 6500 ft and we have had great success with succulents growing in our yard!

onlymehere said...

How exciting for you. I always hate the packing up and cleaning up part of the move but I love the new adventure of a new place and deciding just what goes where! Good luck to you. We hope to move in the next couple of years and I can hardly wait! Of course, the kids will be all on their own at that point and we're definitely down-sizing to a single level house. It sounds like the house you're leaving would be our new dream home, lol!

Two Little Tots said...

what a cute post! i love the hello,goodbye...reminded me of the Target ads a few years ago.

can't wait to see the new house!

michaela hoenigman said...

I am so happy for your brand new Hellos and Goodbyes!
I also stopped by to let you know I blogged with a link back to your original post from last year when you shared the Boo and the Halloween tree with us.
Good luck with all your moving adventures.

Monique Kleinhans said...

Best of luck during this transition! Sounds very exciting!

Wendy said...

Beautiful words! That about covers all of it ... can't wait to see the what is to come next :) Congratulations to your new beginnings ... hugs for what you are leaving behind. :)

Mary said...

Have fun with your new house! And the bedroom is absolutely lovely...very peaceful.

pamela said...

You bedroom is very pretty. You will busy making new memories in your new place and you will always have fond memories of your old place. Hello goodbye was perfect!!

margot said...

Don't be sad about your children becoming more independent. I swear that's a misconception! I found my kids' first couple of years of high school to be among their neediest years. I actually spent yesterday with my 17yo baby while he was home sick from school - and very needy.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

How exciting for you V! Best of luck and YES - we want pics - before, during and after! Jenn

Tiffany said...

What a bitter-sweet post. I love your IKEA bed. You have such a clean look to all of your decor and I just love it! You're the best!

Carrie Stevenson said...

is Jake getting out of the guard?

CitricSugar said...

Great list, V! I especially like that there were quite a few positive good-byes mixed in with the bittersweet ones...

Best of luck getting settled in the new house and new life!

Becky said...

Wow. I have been slack in my bloggie reading lately and sure have missed at lot of goings on at your house!

Sounds as if the new house will be the perfect home for you and your family!!! Congratulations.

If we lived closer I would help you pack!

Julia said...

My husband also complains that he needs a riding lawnmower.

We are going to miss you guys being our neighbor on one side. Being our backyard kiddie corner neighbor's is just not going to be the same.:( But Im also very thankful that the new family moving in are not anything like the people who sold your house to you... or at least I think Don's family doesn't like to trim his trees in a short bathrobe with a machete while singing opera songs...

Creative Mind said...

Your bed is looking so cozy...i like it,wish you all the best for your future dear,may you have every blessing in new house,
take care...

Little Chicks Info said...

so he's out for good? You got a bigger house??? Awesome! You watching Biggest Loser? Come down for the Oh Sweet Sadie show in November, info on my blog, thisandthatcreations.blogspot.com sheesh, if you have time... yay to a bigger house AND basement! Congrats girl...said while humming the theme song from "The Jeffersons" (I'm movin on up!) ha ha

Melissa said...

I really am kind of a blog stalker, I suppose, but I am coming out of the woodwork to add another request for more information on the quilt on your bed. I love it- so clean and pretty. Is there a pattern?
Thanks!

Amber said...

I am on the look out for a good white wuilt (king/cal. king size) and shams. Love the one you ahve on your bed. Can you tell me whre you bought yours, or do you have any suggestions on a good place to find one. Thanks!

Dana said...

I too LOVE that bed! I will have one similar to it when we downsize from our current house. (Don't know when that will be - but hopefully within the next year or so)

Congrats on the new home!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin