Thursday, October 28, 2010

before and somewhat after

this last week was spent in chaos as the house kept unraveling a little more with each box being opened. but i have an end in sight now. at least all boxes except for 5 have been unpacked and done something with two of the other boxes are books that need to go in the book shelf that will not be put in place till the husband (aka the super anal one that has to have this next thing mentioned done before i can put the books in the book case away) paints the baseboard so he never has to move it again to finish painting the baseboards (even if they look totally okay and i'm not that worried about them but whatever).
i can't believe it's been less than two weeks since we moved the first box actually inside the house. most things are done. but nothing has been put up on the walls. okay lie a few smaller sized things here put up...but the rest of it still leans against the wall where eventually it will make it up someday...hopefully soon.

here's a before of the master bedroom:

the after:
with a light shade of blue called some thing along the lines of "cloudy day or something or other"

you can't see it in the picture but there's a poison control sticker on my side table and writing in pen that says "nathan's lizard" and "do not feed" with a picture of a hand being bitten by a lizard and a slash through it. and i racked my brain and then searched for this post and you probably come up with the same assumptions that this was the time that those warnings were written.
before the living room:


now still in progress living room:
but still an end in sight.

22 comments:

Amy said...

Looking good! I can't wait to move into somewhere I can actually paint and wallpaper and add all the finishing touches to. Just moved into a rental and still unpacking and don't yet have a place for everything but I love the whole process of nesting and reading about yours is great.

Anna said...

looks lovely already Vanessa! We've lived in our house for almost 7 years and I still don't have some rooms completed! :(

Jocelyn said...

Looks so good! I am so clueless as to home decor. I just don't even know where to start. I'm amazed at how quickly you're getting unpacked and settled. We moved into our house 2 years ago, and we still have boxes in the garage of non-essentials that we just don't want to look at. In my defense, though, I had a baby the day we were supposed to sign the papers on the house.

Christine said...

Your house is definately looking like a home. We have been in our house now 4 weeks, and you are making more progress than I have. Congratulations on your new home!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Looks good so far V! Can't wait to see your sewing room! I love the brightness of it so far! Jenn

Tasha Roe said...

found your blog from...i dont even remember now. love seeing you decorate your new place. thought of you when i saw slip covers on clearance 1/2 off at walmart today - camel colored ones too!

bethanndodd said...

you are doing great!!! have fun getting the rest in place :)

chris said...

It looks great...I'm impressed you're down to just a few boxes. I keep finding more crap that was stowed away in the garage.

Erin said...

Lookin' good! I really like that rug in your living room! Where did you get it?!

Amy said...

How about doing something like this for your big art work?
http://myzoebug.blogspot.com/2010/02/on-my-wall.html
With all the paper available the possibilities are endless

Allison said...

Wow! Looking great! And I have the same bed. LOVE IT!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's looking amazing for two weeks V! Wow!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

i love it! You are so great at how you arrange things!

Ruth said...

It looks lovely. I love the changes you made, especially in the master bedroom.

Ruth

Unknown said...

I love the way you have styled each room! Truly lovely!

peace. love. create.
victoria
http://gardenofedendesigns.blogspot.com/

V and Co. said...

rug is from walmart i believe or maybe kmart whatever the case one of those two seeing that those are the only stores i have near me.
but i'm looking at a rug at ikea. less pattern i think is needed in the room.

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

So so so cute and very jealous am I!! One tiny tiny suggestion. The rug needs to be pulled under your couch!! It can't be centered in the room..it looks like it is floating! :)

Aimee said...

Yea! for you. Can we come see in person someday?

Unknown said...

it all looks great, however; I could not sleep with my head to that window....it would drive me crazy

an encourager said...

I love what you did! I'm always looking for ideas!

Jessie said...

ooo, i love the color of your bedroom, may i ask the name and brand of it? (:
i loveee that rug

Anonymous said...

I really like the styling you did on the top dresser picture!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin