Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the big ONE-OH


today that's how old my oldest noisemaker is.

a few fun things about you right now:
*your passion is history...more precisely world war I and world war II

*you have so much in common with your dad and grandfather it's not even funny. (no really it's not)
case in point:
there are many times when you do something that makes me look at you and go "i mean seriously?...what WERE you thinking?!" to which your dad will whisper to me something along the lines of "i'm having a flash back right now of when i was nate's age and my mom would look at me and say the same exact thing for something pretty close to what he just did." i've had this same whispered conversation with your grandfather as well.

not only that, but you and your grandfather both share the love of CRAZY cats that only love you and hiss and scratch and and hide from everyone else.

* amongst your peers you can see someone having a hard time and you will try your darnedest to make it okay.

*you have a weird bond with animals.

*you also have this special bond with your brother

*you still like to draw except now it's all about tanks and soldiers and yeah more war stuff.

*you make life interesting to say the least.

*it's been wonderful watching you turn into a young man.

*i'm proud to be your mom.

we love ya kid and hope you have a great fantabulous 10th birthday.


v and co loves her sponsors check out the quilt shoppe!

31 comments:

Fındık Kurdu Betül said...

happy birtday..

i wish a wonderful life to him..

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

happy birthday! {i love how you list things about each kid on their day... one day they will like to be able to look back at these lists!}

Thimbleanna said...

Now THERE's a little heartbreaker! Happy Birthday to your little cutie!

Bonnie said...

No way your first born is this old already. What a cutie! It's only fair since my youngest will be 32 this week. Blink twice and you're there. Enjoy!

rachel griffith said...

happy birthday nate.

shana said...

what a handsome little man. my oldest is 10 too, although soon-to-be-11. the years go so fast!
blessings,
shana

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to him!!!!!

Rachel Berry said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope he has a Fabulous day! :)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Happy Birthday to your big 10 year old Nate!!! He shares his special day with my little guy who turns 1 today!! How cool is that? I knew we were connected somehow! ha! Here's hoping he has a great day and another great year. He's one handsome dude. Jenn

Allie said...

What a handsome 10! Happy Birthday!

SLO Rober said...

My kids had so much fun with Nate when you came for a visit. I remember him being very kind. Ash also saw a recent picture of him and noticed his glasses. She thought they looked good.

trish said...

Oh boy. A double digit number! :o)
Happy Birthday! :o) Trish

CitricSugar said...

I second the "heartbreaker" - he's definitely one of those! That's a heck of a smile!

Happy Birthday!

Marie said...

He looks awesome in those new glasses!! Happy Birthday Nate!!

KimberlyGanir said...

Vanessa, your kids are getting so big!! What a bunch of heartbreakers you have! Tell him Happy Birthday!

Kersten said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

girlsmama said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. N! I can't believe he's ten. That's crazy. That means Leah will be ten at the end of the year. I need a DDP stat.

Becky said...

happy Birthday!

I love your description of him! So sweet.

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Happy double digit Birthday! Have the happiest day!
~Nancy

Team Clark said...

Happy Birthday to Nate! Wow - he is getting old. And I know I've said this before, but I think he looks so much like Jake, too.
Miss you, Vaness - it looks like you're doing well, which is great.
And you know what I miss? Pump class! I loved those days...
Keep up the good work! :)

Marylynn said...

I love that picture of Nate. I haven't read blogs in awhile so I took a look at your pictures. I can't believe how long Katie's hair has gotten. I also love how you painted that thing(it's too late to think what it's called, but I know you know what I am talking about) in your front entrance. I tried to change my blog around but I'm so retard when it comes to things like that, I wish I lived close by so you could help me again.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Aww, happy b-day to your big 10 year old!

pojeda said...

Just had to giggle about what your husband said! Yup! This sounds exactly like my son at that age! I was always asking him "What were you thinking!!!" LOL!
Happy Birthday!
And Mom, you will get through this! Honest!

Still laughing!

an encourager said...

awww... happy birthday to yououou

Little Chicks Info said...

He's a cutie! Keep up the good work being a Mom...the best job in the world even if half the time we are annoyed by it! :)

Sally said...

We love that cute boy! Happy Birthday!

They grow up WAY too fast!

Dogwood said...

You know I think your kids are adorable. Ten years old. Oh my. He is handsome. Hugs to him and Happy Birthday...

dana said...

oh my gosh. He's seriously TOO cute.

Emily said...

He looks like such a sweetheart. And http://www.myubam.com/ecommerce/results.asp?sid=D3544&gid=85912944 these books came to mind when you said he is all about playing 'war'. These books are pretty incredible, and probably right on par with his age, so I just wanted to let you know!

forever folding laundry said...

He sounds like a great kid - and is obviously a handsome one. Definitely a keeper. :) Happy birthday to your big guy!

~Keri

amylouwhosews said...

adorable! Happy belated birthday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin