Tuesday, September 22, 2009

starting something new

i've been blown away with your guy's love of my tutorials and patterns.

seriously, thank you.

i want to start something new here at V and Co. and highlight your finished products using my tutorials (my ones here or on the moda bakeshop or bought at my etsy shop!)




picture from ressica jachel using dress from a skirt tutorial

so many have sent me links, personal emails, and have uploaded to my flicker group of things you've made using my tutorials.
picture by mollyculley using the fabric bracelet tutorial

and i wish i had thought of this before, and made a folder in my email for "pictures and links of products using my tutorials"
picture by micheleknutson using the rag rug tutorial

but alas i did not. and my email inbox is one big huge nasty monster that i try to avoid mainly because it causes me hives with how messy and unorganized it is.


picture by kristinehanson using how to make a pinwheel tutorial


oh don't get me wrong, i've tried...I'VE TRIED to organize it, but you all keep sending me nice little notes (which i love) and wonderful suggestions (which i love) and questions, questions, questions, (which i love, and sometimes can't get to in a nice and timely fashion) and in that mess there are links to and pictures of other lovelies you guys have sent me.



picture by ressica jachel using fabric strawberries tutorial

if i could just figure out how to make more time in the day i could make that email inbox a little less un-organized and i could find all your lovely links and pictures.

picture by cfhouge using bandanna skirt and the perfect flower add on tutorials

so with all that in mind. if in the past you have sent me a link or an email with a picture of your finished product using my tutorial, would you:



A) please consider putting it in my flicker group
or
B) consider sending me another link and picture to your finished product?

i promise to take better care of it this time around.

here's to showing off your stuff using my stuff...or something like that.
ps: thank you for the wonderful etsy success yesterday! can't wait to see your pictures, links, and emails with those patterns in the near future as well!

comments closed

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

All the projects ladies have made with your tutorials are great. You are so right, so much easier to link up the flicker and then you can look through all the projects in a much better fashion.
You inspire a lot of us with your creativity and we can't help but want to share our excitement with our finished project with you. Here is to overcoming a messy email box.
P.S. I can't believe you are up already in your part of the country. It's early.

amylouwhosews said...

I don't think I ever sent them to you, but I have a couple projects from your tutes too! I'll go add them to flickr!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Fun, fun. I am glad you had a good etsy day yesterday. I will have to flikr it up with copycats of your great stuff.

Kelly O. said...

I just posted the pretty little dresses stitchery to your flickr group--finished it on the weeked.
I LOVE IT!!
Thank you V!
I blogged about it here...

http://imjohnsdaughter.blogspot.com/2009/09/here-it-is-done-and-in-its-new-home.html

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

cool! thanks for showing off projects i've done...copying you! hehe. i just love all the inspiration!

The McIntyre Family said...

I have been following your blog for a couple months or so and have never commented but have gotten a lot of good ideas...if I could just find the time to do them. I was reading your post today and saw the rag rugs and I was so excited!!! I immediately had to go print out the tutorial. My husband's mom and grandma used to make rag rugs and I have several around the house and always wanted to learn to do them, but sadly never learned before they passed away. My husband has always told me I should of learned and when I told him I had found this on your site today he was excited. My MIL crocheted hers, but grandma used to do the braided rag rugs, so I am excited to try and make one and when I do I will make sure and post a picture! I saw that you crocheted one and if you ever wanted to do a tutorial on how to do one that way I would be thrilled...lol! Again, I love your site and thanks again for taking the time to post!

Sara

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Everyone's projects look great! I really want to try my hand at the rugs.

Nancywithajones said...

These are all so gorgeous. I have never been one to sew. never even cared to know. but this makes me wanna think about learning lol

Elisabeth said...

My pinwheel quilt is currently at Felicia's getting quilted! As soon as I get it back, I'll post it on there, I'm so excited about it!

Journeying Five said...

beautiful projects made from great tutorials.

Anonymous said...

sooo inspired by your blog... thanks for sharing! I found you through TCB :)

Jamie v

trish said...

good morning vanessa
i have a little post today where i used your rag rug technique to create a mini version for my dining table
thank you so much for your tutorials
my husband is currently at lowe's (we live in the middle of no where too) purchasing some pine for me to paint on
will post that when i complete it too
have a super day
love trish

Ashlee said...

The fabric bracelets have been on my to do list for quite a while!

Sildenafil said...

it is very good to start something new, it is so amazingly when something that doesn't make sense for both, Now, we treat it with care. Wonderful.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I was just showing my MIL your tutorials last night, and raving about the baby girl quilt from ModaBakeShop that I made awhile back. I even bought her a honeybun to get started :) I think I'm taking over your flickr group with my V&Co finished projects...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin