Monday, September 28, 2009

blame it on the salsa sewing

last week i ran into a couple of my friends in our grocery store who were getting the final ingredients to make salsa with the tomatoes that they had grown.
"we have a LOT!" i mentioned they better share their wealth.
then i was on the phone with another friend another day and i asked her "what's the plan for the day?" she answered "I'M MAKING SALSA!"
that's when i got a little mad at myself for not planting salsa making ingredients. i guess there's always next year.
as i walked past my super unorganized fabric shelf (on the list to be organized...sometime this week if i'm motivated if i have time) i noticed my reds, greens, and yellows. mmmmm...those look like salsa.
huh...THOSE LOOK LIKE SALSA!
and hence my own homemade tomato was born.
and then....
i saw my oranges....

well what do you know? tomatoes made a little bigger look really cute as pumpkins.

talk about a slippery slope of events.

yes, before you ask. tutorial in the works, so you all can make your own home made garden fresh harvest.

28 comments:

Audrie said...

How adorable! Looking forward to the tutorial cos I'd love to make a couple for my niece!

Bonnie said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago, and have been hooked ever since!
I want to make some cloth toy food as a Christmas gift for my littlest one this year, and can't wait to try these (and the strawberries)- thanks!

Patsy said...

How cute and creative!!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i need that tutorial.. like right now.. and i need you to mail me those pumpkins... see my post today and you'll know why!! {oh and i need you to e/m me your address so i can send you that stuff we talked about}

rachel griffith said...

yayyy to katie's tomatoes and some pumpkins!!!
you KNOW how addicted i am to fabric pumpkins.
eeek.

andrea creates said...

Love those- can't wait for the turorial ;)

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Those are absolutely adorable!

Im having a paint party, feel free to check it out!

amylouwhosews said...

I don't have any fall decorations. Now I need to make some pumpkins.

Nice turquoise plate, btw!! Super cute with the red tomato on it!

Robin said...

ooohhh...I can see these on my table for a nice thanksgiving centerpiece!! Love them!

Needled Mom said...

From salsa to pumpkins ---- great transition! I love them.

Katie B said...

Yes, I'll be needing those pumpkins. It's almost October!

Tricia said...

So cute! Plus, I feel strangely hungry all of the sudden. Hhmmmmmm......

XO*Tricia

Jewel said...

Awesome... I have never had fall decor but this year I am going all out... I can't wait fot the tutorial.

Nicole A. said...

So cute! I LOVE them! Your amazing!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Those are just adorable V! Jenn

girlsmama said...

Darling and original! :)

So good to see you. I actually cried a little when I left. Good friends are such a treasure.

Kari Sweeten said...

LOVE these!! So cute and creative!

Becky said...

Love it! Love it!

I need to stop reading blogs, get off my fanny and create!!!

Anonymous said...

i love 'em!

your AMAZING!

i hope you share the tutorial soon. {smile!}

Erika said...

Great Idea I love the Tomatoes! I have been making salsa too!

Jodi Nelson said...

Oh so very cute! I want a tomato! hint. hint. ;o)

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I'm still planning on making strawberries, but that will have to wait after tomatoes and pumpkins! As usual, so cute and so perfect!
~Nancy

Busy Little Quilter said...

How adorable are these?!!! I can't wait for the tutorial.

Sharla said...

Very cute! Martha Stewart has some too - http://www.marthastewart.com/article/homegrown-tomato-pincushions

Dee said...

We planted a salsa green box at our nursery...your tomatoes sure do look like the real thing!

Leslie said...

the pumpkin is adorable....it is perfect

Leslie - she sews and scraps said...

SO CUTE! I love both the tomato and pumpkin! I really want to make the pumpkin!

amylouwhosews said...

this is my official "sew & tell" comment - so cute! Thanks for linking up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin