Friday, July 10, 2009

you may call him cow whisperer

cow whisperer formerly known as GI joe husband: hey there meatloaf.
meatloaf: hey there dude who's totally not going to kill me cause he's getting soft around the edges and totally falling for my evil plan of being all cute only while he's looking.

cow whisperer formerly known as GI joe husband: hey so i was thinking...

meatloaf: yeah?

cow whisperer formerly known as GI joe husband: do you know why i bought you?

meatloaf: dude, i don't like to think about that. not a happy thought maker you know?

cow whisperer: yeah, well i'm starting to have my doubts.

meatloaf: oh yeah? (hehehe, i have been sooooo working you)

cow whisperer: yeah, i mean i totally feel like i can talk to you...and while i work out in the yard you follow me around...you make me feel loved, you know?

meatloaf: dude don't get me wrong but i'm working you, and by the way you are talking it's going to plan. but see that chick over there with the camera. she's not buying it...so what cha gonna do?

chick behind the camera not getting worked over by the cow: uh jake? what do you think you're doing? didn't anyone tell you you aren't suppose to make friends with your food?

cow whisperer: i know but look at how cute he is.

chick behind the camera not getting worked over by the cow: are you kidding me? he's soo working you.

cow whisperer: yeah, but look he's licking me. he likes me...and i think we understand each other. i think i've taken the mean streak out of him.

chick behind the camera: oh my hellvens jake! so what are you? jake PhD in marriage and family therapy AND COWS? "come see me if you are having issues in your marriage or if you aren't getting along with your cow?"

cow whisperer: i kind of like the sound of that.


meatloaf to sloppy joe: hey dude i think we've won the dude over but that chick's going to be a problem...can you create a distraction while i take her out?

chick behind the camera to cow whisperer: i don't like how they are looking at me.

cow whisperer: yeah, they don't look at me like that. huh...that's funny.

chick behind the camera: yeah i don't like it.


have a great weekend
come back on monday we're having a sponsor giveaway.
that's if i make it without any "accidents" that the cows i swear are planning.

46 comments:

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Cool and funny post! They do look supercute don't they? Love your blog by the way and the things you make are amazing! I would just love to get the time to make things!
How do you do it with 4 kids? I only have 2!
Love Collette x

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute post! Made me laugh. You have a wonderful blog!
Have a great weekend :)

Audrie said...

LOL that was hilarious! I was on a farm eons ago and there was this little lamb that kept wandering over to us... the ppl who owned the farm had named him Apple Blossom. I kept calling him Lamb Chops... I got a lot of stink eye for that heehee!

Donna said...

What a cute post ... nice way to start my day! My husband is an avid hunter and I have no problem preparing venison IF I received it in the neat little white packages for the freezer stage and not the "Oh, he looks just like Bambi" stage! Have a great day.

Adrienne said...

we raise our own beef too and now i think i'm the only one that gets attached. better watch out chick behind the camera! it happens :)

Kelly Ann said...

sloppy joe to meatloaf...psst..you first!

onlymehere said...

I grew up on a farm with dairy cows and I so believe about their conversation, LOL!! We had a bull that hated me. It would only chase me. No one believed it until one day my dad watched as it began to charge me (I was only 10 and had to herd the cows in for milking). I had to roll under the barb wire fence. The bull left not too long after.

Stacey said...

haha!! that is hilarious!! we want some cows, but need to find the perfect land first!!

Lisa said...

Ahahahahahaha! You just made my day!

trish said...

This is exactly why I do not have a cow on my property! I would have such good intentions to fill my freezer, come time, but I know me ... those big brown eyes would steal my heart and my meat named cow would become family and I would change her name to like ... Dolly ... or something! :o) Rather, my husband goes to the slaughter house where they sell FRESH meat - no cute eyes looking at us - and fill our freezer that way! :o) On a side note, all 4 of our chickens have names and they are fondly known at "The Girls".

By the way, saw your picture in a magazine yesterday, at WalMart! :o)

Happy Friday!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Cheryl said...

OMG, what a funny post. Love the pic of meatloaf licking dh's hand.
have a great weekend.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Cows are very curious and some of them can be very friendly as well. We had one that was like that and now her daughter is like that too. They are funny creatures.

LRice60 said...

LOL, meatloaf and sloppy joe- great names. We had a steer named Mandy.

Mindy said...

LOL, V! I almost thought I was over at PW! :)

Four of a Kind said...

they are awfully cute. but i think the smell would keep me from getting too attached.

Anonymous said...

You'll both be so sad when they're gone.

*wipes away a tear from cheek*

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

dotti white said...

Thanks for making me laugh! I used to live with a turkey whisperer....now that's a looong story! Have an awesome weekend!

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, That was the best post ever!! Have a great weekend guys!!

rachel griffith said...

i just heart you!!!

girlsmama said...

Oh my. It's always the big, tough soldiers who go soft. PHD in cows. That's funny...hehehe.

mauigleaux said...

Our local rodeo just left town...after the dust, noise and uh...smell, the little spring calves finally look less adorable (cowboys too!)ha!!
But truly, I so enjoy your writing, inspiration and wit. Mahalo!

ellsworth family said...

Looove it! You crack me up.

Sophie said...

I think I would be totally falling for those big gooey eyes and long eyelashes too! I don't think I'll be buying a pet for dinner anytime soon.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love it lol!

Sarah said...

I love cows. I think they're too cute to eat. :)

Laine said...

They are so cute. How could you not love them.

Jill said...

Hilarious! The whole thing. Stinking hilarious.

The Studes said...

I'm slightly disturbed that you named your cows meatloaf and sloppy joe... only slightly though

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

have you thought about a career in hollywood?... or comedy? b/c seriously you crack me up...

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, thanks for sharing:)

cherry said...

I LOVED it! I laughed, I smiled, I almost cried......good stuff! YOU RAWK. cherry

Busy Little Quilter said...

They're cute and adorable, but, in the back of my mind, I still see Elvis (the bull) chasing me, moosing really loud at me, forcing me to escape by jumping a tall fence. I never knew I could do that!

Natys said...

Hilarious!!!

That cow really knows what she is doing

Katie said...

Ever Read "Click clack Moo"? Might want to start negotiations soon!

;-)

Journeying Five said...

very hilarous!

Trixi said...

Oh, this one totally cracked me up. I have a feeling when my hubs gets back we will have a couple of those.

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely post!
I’ve got a soft spot for cows!

Unknown said...

Ok, cows are sooooo cute!

Cheryl said...

The sweetest post!! Those eyes, they had me at those eyes!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ha! You're too cute.

Julia said...

So I just found your blog and I stayed up til 3:30 reading. Almost "stalkerish". But I couldn't stop reading, so many interesting things. And of course, my church started at 9:00 am. My husband "says" he woke me up at 7 but I'm of the firm belief that he is lying to me and just didn't feel like waking me up on time. Needless to say, I missed Sacrament Meeting and made it to the other two meetings. Just wanted to say Hi! I joined up with Camilles quilt parade and showed my very first (and only) quilt that is not quite done. I can't wait to get going with this quilting business!! Love it!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

That was the funniest post ever! You could write comics! I'm with the cows - I'm sure it's an evil plan that they've worked up with the cows over at Chick-Fil-A, but they are awful cute! Jenn

michele said...

i *highly* suggest that you start making nice with the cows before you meet some horrible fate at meatloaf and sloppy's hooves. they are definitely giving you a "mad cow" look.

sheri said...

This is the funniest thing I have read in a while. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until they become teenage cows and start breaking out of the fences you thought were so good. GI Joe will toughen back up quick! Good luck!
-Leila

Bearpawquilter said...

You should totally make a U Tube video about this kind of like "Ultimate Dog Tease". Ever seen that one? So funny! Maybe Sloppy Joe and Meatloaf are gone to beef calf freezer heaven by now. Probably too late. Rule #1 of farm life "Never name your food animals". Makes a lot of sense.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin