Sunday, June 21, 2009

to the man i love.


jake,
you are such a great father to our kids.
i love that you will chase rainbows for our kids,
i love that you love to take care of our yard (even when it looks like somwhat of an obession, and i make fun of you relentlessly over it),
i love that you serve quietly without many knowing of your service,
i love that you make me laugh,
i love that our kids think you can do ANYTHING,
i love that I think you can do anything,
i just plain love you.

you are giving our kids a wonderful example of an honerable, hardworking man, who loves his God,family,country, and takes pride is in his work. i couldn't ask for anything better than you. happy fathers day.
i'm glad this year we can celebrate it properly,
all together,
under one roof.

13 comments:

Marrissa said...

How truly beautiful! xo

Brandy said...

I'm so glad you have a wonderful husband & your kiddos have a great Daddy. We are so blessed to have such fine men in our lives.

Elisabeth said...

You're lucky! I'm glad he's home this year, safe and sound.

E

Mimi Sue said...

Happy Father's Day to your great honey. So glad you are all together this year. Mimi

Marie said...

Happy Father's Day Jake! Hope you have a great day!

amylouwhosews said...

simply lovely!

my daughter sang the requisite "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" to him on the phone today. this year that song takes on a whole new meaning!

Colleen Lunt said...

If that's your yard in the picture, WOW!!! He's doing a good job of it.

Rebecca said...

How Sweet!

Elisabeth said...

Vanessa-
I would love your opinion on a quilting project I'm working on right now. If you have a minute and want to click on my blog, you'll see the post about it. I'm such a bad decision maker, but I really love all of your projects turn out so I'd love to hear what you think about it!

Thanks,

Elisabeth

dotti white said...

Ahhh, V...you are very blessed!

Busy Little Quilter said...

That's sweet. I, too, am glad he's home safe and with all of you.

Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

AW! LOVE this peek into your beautiful family! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Amanda Jean said...

awwwwwww. so sweet!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin