Monday, February 25, 2008

the challenge


many of you cook, i do not. which is wierd cause my mom is an avid cook. i just can't seem to do it. maybe it's the picky eaters in my house, maybe it's the love hate relationship i've had with food for so long, but i'm not using excuses anymore. i've decided that this is the year of "stop talking about it and just start doing it" and so here's my french toast. this one wasnt hard cause the kids actually like to eat this. and i do it more often than not, after tomorrow it's just me and the kids, so i'm going to make it a plan to "prepare" food. my first cookbook to tackle is "5 ingredient cooking" baby steps! BABY STEPS!!

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

You crack me up!! Good luck with your cooking--remember my recipe blog has lots of EASY, and I mean EASY EASY EASY recipes. Keep us posted--I would love to see how your progress comes along! :)

Bonnie said...

Vanessa, you know what I love about the women we know...they are always trying to improve on their lives and their skills and their talents. How many people just sail through life not even trying? I am glad we have the gospel to teach us that we are supposed to keep changing and growing. Cooking is not my favorite thing but I do it and it is a good idea to learn as you have lots of meals ahead of you with four little ones. Good for you...one day at a time and the planning is important!

girlsmama said...

Good job V! I love that your kitchen looks clean after you're done cooking! Mine never does. Here is a link to a recipe blog my SIL is part of pimpmymenu.blogspot.com. It's got some good ones!

Laura said...

OK, I am loving this background too! We have been on a cooking pancake binge. We need a new "thing"! Friday would be great if you want to come hang out girl!!! I have to pick up Ethan from kindergarten and that's it.

Nate and Marcie said...

Yum, those look delish. I don't cook much either. My latest love is pesto sauce from Costco!
By the way, I don't know if you have heard that Ramie is engaged! Crazy, huh? She is getting married April 4th. She's really excited!

Jen Stewart said...

Tag! You're it! Check my blog for details.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin