Tuesday, October 11, 2011

V and Co: home

this picture basically describes the state of the rest of the house. this is my daughter's dresser top that is always cleaned off. it's not so cleaned off right now.
as a matter of fact i had to move everything over just to take this picture of the other two patterns that arrived (and now in my shop as well) while i was gone at the sewing summit. (with my iphone...ahem because i left my camera in someone's car as they were dropping me off at the airport in slc whole nother story. lets just say there was panic at the airport when i realized how "light" i was traveling. eh. but rest assured...my camera made it back to iowa with a fellow iowan friend that lives only 20 minutes away.) thank heavens.
  okay major side note: the houndstooth paper pattern will include all the instructions on how to make the baby quilt (using Creative Grids 90 Degree Strip Ruler for Quarter Square Triangles) AND (yay!!) all the instructions on how to make the larger version (using Creative Grids 90 Degree Double Strip Quilting Ruler) and the sizes on that are from lap size  50" x 62" all the way up to king size 102 1/4" x 102 1/4"


okay so now back to speaking of the sewing summit, ah yes and camera and lack thereof...guess who didn't take a single picture with her camera, so even if she had her camera with her now, it wouldn't even matter because i don't have anything to download from it anyways.but i did in fact take pictures with my phone...yeah a whole whopping 3 pictures people. seriously? first one was of jess doing her awesome improv thing. (up above)

second one is of the miss porkchop herself. it was really fun hanging with her. she's hilarious.
and then with my best buddy for the weekend allison. please dont ask why the picture is upside down. okay i'll tell you anyways. i took it upside down and no matter how many times i rotate it in picnik it keeps showing up like this here...maybe it's just to show how tired i really still am. :)
but really one of the best things was finally meeting this gal. trish you are so sweet and are a really great friend and it was so nice to finally be able to give you a hug in person :).
as well as seeing ALL the amy's (like almost too many to list seriously?!)
and well yes all the other fun laughing and sewing (not done by me because i didn't bring any) so i guess it was more support sewing, and meeting in person a lot of great ladies that normally just look like black and white writing on my computer screen. so very nice to meet all of you. sorry if i was dazed by the end of it!

okay now the winner of the fun happy mail:

random # 405
Blogger Simply AJ said...Congrats and enjoy your accomplishments! You are one talented lady and you inspire so many of us to create our own "happy"! AJ

i'm also including the other two patterns as well because it was technically happy mail of last week as well! yay you!

thank you all for the lovely words of encouragement.
yes, pretty happy i am. :)

ps if you have pictures of me from summit...um you wanna send me some? thanks.
now to try to tackle my house.
if you don't hear from me for a while, check under a mountain of moaning laundry for a twitching hand most likely that's me crying for help.
we'll talk soon. hopefully :)

19 comments:

Kat said...

It was great to meet you at the Summit and I am already using all the great photo tips you gave! Thanks for the great class!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I've got a couple of cute pics I took with my iPhone on the sewing night.
I'll send them your way.
Melissa

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

I have a cute one of us. I'll send it to you. :) Meeting you was definitely a highlight for me!

KnittingBetsy said...

Sewing Summit? Duh? Must Google this and see all the fun times I missed!!
Betsy inthedarkonthissewingsummitstuff

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Every once in a while I get a picture that won't flip properly. It looks that way in my computer but when it posts to the blog it is sideways or upside down.

I have no idea........not at all, but it is cute with the two back to back!

glen

V and Co. said...

kat and jennifer so nice to meet you again for kat first time for jen, please send me the pic jen! i'll upload it to face book.
mel please send me those as well, i need to figure out where you got that lotion! and knitting betsy sewing summit was a blogging and modern sewing conference in salt lake city. it was great fun!
thanks glen for the moral support on the upside down picture! :)

Tara said...

The funniest thing about your upside down picture was my inability to look at it right side up. My iPhone flipped it over every time I tried!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I hardly took any pictures either! So nice to see you again :)

sonia said...

I'm so far away and still I feel close enough! Thanks for sharing your pictures and your experiences!

vivi said...

V!!!!!!!!
you're a sweetheart
bad you lost your camera
ehhh, I might have a great smiley picture of you.. do you want me to share?
vivi from argentina here :D

Alexis said...

Is there a way for those of us who bought the PDF of houndstooth (I bought it the other week) to obtain the directions to make a larger quilt without repurchasing the pattern in paperform?

~Alexis
Enigmatic_15 at yahoo dot com

mascanlon said...

Love the Houndstooth pattern! Right now I am making that large pile of blocks for a baby quilt in orange and white! The blocks look great and I can't wait to see the top come together.

Melissa Corry said...

It was so wonderful to get to meet you at the Sewing Summit. Your class was so amazing!! Thank you!! I am excited to try out all your wonderful advice on picture taking :)

LuLu said...

Hi Vanessa,
It was so nice to meet you this last weekend. The sole reason I came was for your class and Alison's. Totally worth it :-)

trish said...

Hi Vanessa. :o)
You are a great friend too and it was so much fun meeting you in real life! :o)
Have a super week.
Sincerely, Trish

amylouwhosews said...

V. if I send you the pictures I took you might make me confiscate them! There's an awesome one of you with your finger up your nose at dinner and another where you are trying to steal Leigh's hexie quilt! ha! You are hilarious! love you!

Sonja said...

Hey congrats on all the new pattern and publishing goodness! I've been checking in to see how you're faring after your insane bunch of moves to see you were pulling triple time working on your patterns and such!! Good grief woman, well done! I'm in awe. Everything looks amazing, professional and totally enticing. Glad you had fun at the summit :)

able mabel said...

It would be awesome to see more pics of the Summit. I'll have to take to the internet and find more!

Melissa said...

Just noticed you moved to Iowa! We just moved to Iowa too, or we have always been in Iowa we just moved within it to the Quad Cities area! Hope you enjoy it, and was a bit curious to where abouts you where at!!

Take Care

Blog Widget by LinkWithin