Thursday, September 30, 2010

one year older




i can't believe that you are 4. i remember bringing you home thinking "i wonder what you'll be like when you are 4." and here we are...

here's a few things about you right now that i don't ever want to forget:

* you are my constant companion. anywhere i am, you are too. anywhere i'm going to be...most likely you will follow me and be there too.

*you still absolutely love your dog. he's your best friend, but you've also made a few human little girl friends as well.

*you know how to push your brother's buttons (it's like an art form really)

*you love strawberry shortcake, hello kitty, my little pony, and barfies (barbies)

*every time you call barbies "barfies" it throws the boys into hysterics...pretty sure that's the only reason why you still call them that.

* you call pizza "chuppy" we have no idea why. you can say pizza but you call it chuppy anyways.

*you can make dad do ANYTHING, just by asking...no one else has that power.

*you are starting to love to sew and you constantly want to make things with me. (it makes for slow production but i'm totally okay with that)

*i'm trying real hard to let go of my need to get things done just to hang out with all you kids because i feel like you are all growing up way too fast. i mean you are the baby. but yet i look at you at you and you are so NOT a baby anymore.

* you HATE taking pictures. i have to bribe you. and even that doesn't work sometimes. and that's when the threats come out.

*i love you and so does your dad, and your brothers adore you and are willing to look past the button pushing when you are nice to them.

*you think the world of your brothers, and can't wait for them to come home from school.

*you've made our family complete. you make me want to be a better role model for you of what it is to mean and what a wonderful role it is to be a mother.

*i've changed because of you. and i think it's a good change.

happy birthday little girl we love you.

28 comments:

SLO Rober said...

What a cute little firecracker!
I wonder where she gets that from?

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

She is darn cute! Happy 4th Birthday to a real sweetie!

Natalie said...

chuppy sounds sort of like chuck e. like chuck e. cheese. Have you ever taken her to one of those?

Teresa aka Tess said...

Such an adorable little face. She sounds wonderful. Happy Birthday!!!

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

So cute! I love birthdays for little kids, it is so fun:) We leave for Disneyland in two weeks for Asher's third birthday, I can't wait. We also get to stop and see my great grandma, so we hopefully get to do a generation pic:)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Cutie pie!

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little one.

sy said...

awww happy birthday :D

Kristen said...

I had my first (and only) daughter in April after having 3 sons. This post makes me both happy and sad. It goes WAY too fast and I know she'll be 4 before I know it! But it's a glimpse into my future and it looks pretty good.
Happy birthday!

Tiffany said...

What a cute post and what a cute girl! I love how real you are with everything and I hope someday to have a little girl to push her daddy around. :)

Jenni said...

I loved this post. It will be great to look back on when she is older and you might otherwise forget about "barfies" and Chuppy." Love it. And what a doll!

melissa said...

She is darling! Can't believe she is getting so big! Happy birthday Katie!

Suz said...

What a darling girl! My baby is way grown up now...and loads of fun!

Suz

courtney said...

that last one made me tear up. i am the mommy of a little gal, too. shouldn't we all try to be better role models for the sweet gals! happy 4th birthday!

bethanndodd said...

I am going to write down sweet memories of my boys right now! Happy Birthday to your "baby" girl!

Jeannie said...

Awwww she is so cute! Even though she hates the pictures being taken now she will love everything about this post in a few years :)

pamela said...

She so stinkin cute..but you already know that huh? Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!!!

Tricia said...

Oh she is such a cutie! Your post is so sweet, but it also makes me kind of sad...my little girl will be turning 4 in a few months. I can't believe how time is going by so quickly.

Marylynn said...

I can't believe she is four, she is so cute. Does her hair grow fast, because I don't remember it being that long when we saw you last. Bella still talks about her.

Jennwith4 said...

How precious! So many of the things you said I could relate to with my kids! Thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

She is stunning! What a sweet tribute to your baby girl!

Love your blog! Love you! When are you going to post pics of your new house????

Suzie said...

Our family completer is a senior in college! It does go sooo fast!

Megan said...

I don't know you, but I love your blog and this post mad me cry. Thanks for sharing such wonderful things about your beautiful little girl! What a blessing!

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

she is a doll!
peyton just turned 4 and isn't it amazing how different they are at 4 then they were at 3?
it makes you look at them and really realize that they are growing up...they are going to grow older and leave...sorry college mom took over for a minute.;D
no they really do just grow into a little girl and are no longer a baby. crap. this is making me sad so i'll stop!

she is a beauty girl and i'm so happy you have a little girl to teach all of your wonderful womanness too! she's lucky to have you for a mom.
because you truly are a wonderful woman.
frick i must have pms...i gotta go before i start boobing or something.
love ya! good luck moving...we'll have to come and see the new che' christenson...tell jake to go away somewhere for a few days would ya?

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Happy Birthday big girl! You are one luckly kid. Jenn

Domestic cleaning said...

Oh she is obviously your sunshine :))) This pics are wonderful. I would be very happy if I had such photos from my childhood.

Marie said...

Good heck, she is DANG CUTE!! Watch out Jake, you just might need a gun when she is out dating...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin