Friday, May 1, 2009

shooting for wednesday

i decided to take a few days off of the blogging world.
as in i tried not to check other's people's blogs and tried to live as if blogging weren't a part of life. it was a nice little break.
i think i need those every so often.
in that time i made katie a little stitchery that goes well with her "colorful" room. her room has become the hodgepodge of colors. i think when i put her in a "big girl bed" i'll decide what exactly i'm going to do with colors and such things. but for now you will find almost every color of the rainbow except PURPLE... (okay there's a smidge of purple on the ballerina card in the picture but that's it for the whole room)
yes that's a quirk.
for some reason i do not like purple.
purple has never done anything wrong to me.
but i just don't like it.
i like it in other's people's homes and clothes...
but not on me or my house.
i know i'm weird.
anywho, i'm working on some pillows, table runners, and patterns for my etsy shop. i'm shooting for wednesday.
lets see if i can do it!
oh yeah did you see you can follow me on twitter now. yeah a friend told me to do it so i did. i'm not that exciting but if you want to follow just check out the side bar and go to "follow me on twitter" maybe i'll just start making up crazy things to make it exciting. ;)
have a relaxing weekend.
i need to start lighting a fire under my butt so i can make things happen by wednesday!

22 comments:

forever folding laundry said...

Funny that you say this about your girl's room, because just today I was thinking the same thing about my girl's room! I'm getting ready to make a pillow with that fantastic red polka dot fabric I ordered from you - love it. It's so fun!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week! Happy sewing!

~Keri

Camille said...

I just heart you. We were seriously meant to be friends. :-)

rachel griffith said...

oh my heavens.
you are too cute.

purple dislikers of the world unite.
tehehe.

and welcome to twitter.
it's fun.

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

It's all so cute...like a magazine girl! I have never been fond of purple. Not for me. I'm not thrilled with Twitter either, but I use it every once and awhile.

Have a great weekend!

~Kim

Mindy said...

I've never been a purple fan either... in fact, sometimes when I think I might cry but I don't want to, I just say purple in my head a bunch of times and it helps. Oh my... did I just reveal something a little crazy? ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Your little stitchery is adorable V!

Anonymous said...

Purple prejudice! Unheard of... I am sending the Purple People Eater to get you. LOL

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

girlsmama said...

You too Mindy? You guys seriously don't like purple? I'll have to seriously consider how this effects our friendship. :)

Betsy said...

Not such a great friend of purple's either. Just a very strange color it is.

mom2three said...

That is so funny- I've been reading your blog for awhile and I thought that you were lacking in purple - my favorite color. Now I know why! Love the stichery- it's adorable!

kristine hanson said...

I bet if you sold those stichery's in your shop they would sell like hot cakes....or you could do a tut! Darling....and I agree, ickykaka on purple!

Melody said...

would love to see a little tutorial on the pretty little dresses - it's SO cute!

nicole said...

oh good, i'm not the only one that hates purple...i thought there was something wrong with me.

Unknown said...

cuteness! I'm not a huge purple fan either. . . Love the colorfulness :)

Cami said...

The dresses turned out so cute! I have never really been a fan of purple either. My sister made me buy new shirts that were not my usual pallete of communist colors (black, grey, brown). One of the shirts she picked out for me was a plum purple color. It was really branching out for me, but now it is one of my favorite shirts.
Also, I love the white tea set!

Team Clark said...

I on the other hand love purple and I've liked it more and more lately. I've bought some purple nail polish for my toes (just for my toes) and I have a few purple maternity shirts that I quite like. That's okay that you don't like it. We can't all like everything - that would be silly. I can't picture you in purple and so maybe that all works out well. :)

Amanda Jean said...

i don't care for purple, either. in my last house i had a room painted each color of the rainbow, except purple. and i thought about painting my laundry room purple just to carry out the theme, but we moved instead. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with purple as long as it's mixed with other colors like blue and mint green, pinks, and yellows...

Where did you get the adorable "Pretty Little Dresses" print? I want one for my DD's room..
Thank-you, Heather

jlk said...

Love the dress stitchery! Too cute!!!

Sandy said...

I like a lot of color. When I was younger and the kids were also, I always had to have a theme...minimum colors...not anymore. The more the merrier. (as long as they don't clash harshly)
Love your blog.

Donna said...

You know that means that Katie's favorite color will be purple, don't you? It always happens!! LOL I just love the little stitchery. So adorable in the '30's prints.

Unknown said...

There is nothing wrong with disliking purple! It's how I feel about baby blue!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin