Wednesday, March 25, 2009

how to build a strong marriage




marriages have ups and downs do they not?
but even with the ups and downs you want to continually work on building a stronger relationship.

working together as a couple on things and complimenting each other on the job well done is a great way to build a stronger relationship.

let me do a conversation with the husband if you will.



setting the scene: GI joe husband and i are in the pasture and while i break up the mule poop, he shovels it and spreads it by tossing it all over the pasture.



GI Joe husband: (throwing a shovel full of mule crap off the far side of the pasture) you are doing a really good job of breaking up the poop. (no i'm not kidding people)

me: why thank you...pausing and thinking...i think your poo throwing skills are awesome.

GI joe husband: thank you.

and there you have it. now go break up some crap and throw it around...guaranteed to make your marriage a strong one...

btw: my husband who is no longer GI Joe actually does this for a living now.

so you should TOTALLY listen to me when i talk about marriage.

25 comments:

michele said...

he gotz mad poo-throwin' skilz. LOL

thanks for making me giggle.

Amber Filkins said...

That's so stinkin awesome! Oh my goodness, you make me laugh. I was like all serious, ready to get some good advice {cause Lord knows I need it right now}. And I did!, it just didn't come in the serious form I was expecting. lol.

Thanks for sharing!

Michaela said...

Hahahaha, but you are so right! I am off to find some poop.

Rachel said...

Thanks for the advice. I think tonight we'll clean out the chicken coop for a midweek date!

Anne said...

Too funny! Agreat way to start the day - with a smile.

Four of a Kind said...

too cute! jake used to give shawn free counseling sessions on the way to work. i'll have to make shawn listen to his podcasts now!

Betsy said...

That is awesome! Except we don't have much mule poop in the city.

Sandy said...

Awesome! I just made DH the bishop read this - we live in WY, he could totally get away with using this story as actual, realistic counseling, HA! (except with cow poop instead of mules)

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

You caught you a good one!! How romantic!!

onlymehere said...

Well I knew I kept coming back to this blog for a reason! I clicked on the link and definitely will be checking out the site later!! Cindy

Katie said...

Does cleaning up potty-training poop count? That's the point we are at right now :sigh: stinkin' boys! :)

girlsmama said...

Dr.! Wow! See now weren't all those years at the Y worth it? A great marriage and a title. Very cool.

linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trixi said...

I want to say, "Oh, how sweet." but I just don't know.LOL The two of you are very sweet.

linda said...

Ah, what a great analogy! If you can work through the "Crap" together, your marriage comes out smelling sweeter! Just don't fling the crap at each other, that would be bad.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the rock. If your marriage is built on that it will be strong. Poo slinging is just fertilizer for the good stuff.

Pamela

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I'm listening!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Reminds me of the Love Dare!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Lol! So funny... I'm listening, truly. BTW we found a surprise baby also does amazing thing for one's relationship!

Julie said...

Jake needs a new name on the blog. I have a good idea now after reading that. You should put up a link to Aspen too and try to drum up some business. So our husbands will still have a job...

rachel griffith said...

that. is. awesome.
like i hardcore belly laughed.

hi-5 to dr. gi joe husband for being on a podcast!!!

Mimi Sue said...

Well, he should definitely know about crap throwing. Sounds like he's got a degree in it. Mimi

Stacy said...

That is so funny! I had to read it three times to make sure I was really reading about mule poop making a marriage strong. Hysterical.

Heidi said...

Love your blog. I agree, there is nothing like poo to bring a couple closer together.

Precision Quality Laser said...

LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin