Monday, December 1, 2008

christmas decorating and what i'm working on

thanksgiving is over... and it's full speed ahead christmas now...so this week expect a tutorial on your own pottery barn style ornament, a before and after, and some sewing thrown in there... the three boys have been helping with decorating the sad little fake tree, maybe next year GI joe husband will be a manly man and cut us down a real tree... katie has been helping destroy all the hard work the boys did by taking down what they just did and re-arranging it the way she wants it...both sides are pretty upset with the whole situation...this is going to be a looooong christmas season. so this is my newest redo on the house, sorry it's blurry...what do you think i'm working on? this has been bugging me since we moved in, and well now there's no turning back and i hope i like the finished product! we'll see in the next few days.

12 comments:

Nash said...

mantle?

Letti said...

It looks like you are painting the fireplace. I can't wait to see the finished product and all of your other goodies as well.

cherry said...

Love your table display..can't wait for the tutorial. cherry

Kara said...

Oh I so bad want to paint my brick but I'm to chicken! Let me know if you like it and how hard it was.

Camille said...

First, please send me your hexagon quilt. Please?

Second, I feel like every time I get on here I beg for your fabulous stuff. I promise I'm not like that, I just wish I had all your stuff.

Third, you are pretty awesome, and I love your Christmas set up so far! Good luck with the brick.

Angela Yosten said...

Very cute decor! Can't wait to see your finished project... fireplace is it?

Trixi said...

Oh, my, are you painting the fireplace? I have been debating doing that for quite some time.
Your tree looks great. My son wanted a real one and I talked him out of it. I don't like the constant clean up of tree needles. However, I do love the smell of a real tree. I love your ornaments and I can't wait to see your tutorial.

Georgia Girl said...

Cute table display V!

Oh and the boys are doing a great job along with the little one...how sweet!

Painting? umm fireplace...you gave it away in your heading...Mantle? or atleast I think that is what your talking about.

Can't wait to see what else you will share!

SLO Rober said...

Ashlynn is WAY mad about not having glass balls on the tree. I said maybe next year when Ty has grown out of his Godzilla phase. Can't wait to see the PB ornaments. We are making large paper crane ornaments for the RS this year a-la-PB.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Vanessa,
Your decorations look great and it's not a sad little fake tree. I love our fake trees for several reasons. You can put them up early, no needle mess, no watering and no fire hazard. Good luck on painting, what I think is your fireplace.
Talk to you soon,
Karen (RI no blog)

Team Clark said...

I like the gold ribbon around the tree. I have the red beads, but I like what the gold ribbon adds...thanks for the idea!

stephanie h said...

Soo cute! I love your tree!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin