Thursday, June 19, 2008

le skirt

made out of two pillow cases i found at a thrift store for a total of $1.

I tried to take a picture of le skirt by myself but i couldn’t get the right angle, so i gave my 6 year old le camera, and before i could even get situated to ask him to take le picture, he was handing it back and saying “okay mom I took it” and off he went running back to his brothers to continue the always on going play of “soldiers” i looked at le picture, and thought…"that’s not a half bad pic”... got to hand it to le 6 year old.
next project: amy butler pattern. i still get sweaty palms and have an urge to throw up when i think about having to put a zipper in…i know i’m a dork, don’t you think i already know that? but hey this is the year that i do things and not just talk about them…i don’t know when yet…and it is a little less scary when I’m working with $2 sheets…I mean what’s $2 right? so i’m sure you’ll be seeing this skirt sometime in the near future.

15 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

WoW! I Le' Love it!! :) The skirt is so cute! I want one... when can I place my order?
I can't wait to see your other skirt when your done. Good luck on the zipper. I'd be a wreck trying to put a zipper in. Never have done it & don't see myself ever doing it.

Well I have to get back to painting my furniture black. My break is over. Happy Sewing!

:)Rachel

Rachel Holloway said...

TOTALLY, TOTALLY CUTE! Am in love with it~!

melissa said...

That pillowcase skirt is adorable! You should post the instructions for that on here! Good luck with your next skirt project! I can't wait to see it!

Felicia said...

It's darling, Vanessa! And Ryan's picture turned out great...were you holding the phone behind you? 'cause I could totally hear everything while the picture was being taken--I had no idea I was resting on your behind... :o)

Sally said...

I love it!!

V and Co. said...

haha! yeah you were on my behind!

Anonymous said...

Your outfit is too cute! Where did you score that shirt, I love it!

haley said...

seriously... i hate zippers and was deathly afraid of them. i'd 'installed' 3 in halloween costumes before this pattern and they looked like... poop!!!! follow ab's instructions and you can't go wrong. i kind of feel like a pro now with the zipper... just don't ask me to do it any other way or with anything besided the invisible zipper. good luck and if you have questions feel free to email me or i could send you my #. good luck!!!!

acte gratuit said...

Oh my goodness! My mom totally had that blue sheet in the bottom picture! (Know her, she probably still has it.)

What a blast from the past!

SLO Rober said...

Those pillowcases turned out great. Tell your six year old he took a great picture!

girlsmama said...

Way to go Vanessa! You are truly the domestic goddess! The zipper won't be as bad as you think. Amy Butler uses a really simple method to put them in. It will be beautiful when you are done!

V and Co. said...

-shirt is old navy. it's a personal fav
-i have a fitted sheet in green with the same exact print that i want to make an A line skirt (i'm loving those sheets! now if i can only find one in ORANGE i think life would be complete)
-the instructions to the skirt would go something like this: two pillow cases torn to flat pieces, sew together, cut to desired length (with a little extra so you can sew an elastic waist band) too easy!!!!

Nate and Marcie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! You are so creative & talented... seriously cute!

Marie said...

Very cute!! It was fun to chat with you today.

Laura said...

So clever and cute! LOVE IT!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin