Friday, May 4, 2012

V and Co: today

as i pick up the thing that used to be my kind of clean house, i reflect on the simple daily routines that make me happy.
i like to have a clean house.
mowed lawn.
and clean laundry.

i feel like none of those things have been on my radar while i get ready for market.

yesterday, was chaotic, today i want to get my house a little more in order. so today i am putting aside sewing and i will try to tackle some of those things. except the mowing, that's already done.
 in my chaoticness of a week i did get something fun in the mail, Quilty is fons and porters modern magazine. its super cute!
 in this issue it talks a little about the awesomness that is iowa (yeah that's right i've been here almost 9 months and i'm embracing the iowan-ess in me that i never knew i had)
we've seen some of these painted on quilt blocks as we've driven to different places. these awesome quilt blocks are found on the side of barns. who wouldn't love a state that puts big huge 'ol quilt blocks as large as the side of your barn? seriously.
 also in this issue you'll see my quilt. and yup, there's my name. :)
 in this issue it's highlights cool info about the modern quilt guild, and quilt con.
 and this issue this is my favorite cool quilt in ombre. by heather jones
i got to look at the magazine finally today, that i got sometime this last week.
yes.
today i am going to put aside all things sewing (at least for a few hours) and clean, and grocery shop and love my husband and kids. because sometimes its the super simple every day things in life that make you super happy.
have a great weekend.
i'm hoping to stuff as much simple every day things in today because i know i have to get back to the crazy of prep for market after today again.
:) who knew toilet cleaning could be a happy thing?

7 comments:

quiltedgran said...

Good Morning,
It may not be cleaning the toilet, but having the clean toilet! Have a great weekend. You have earned it, and the family deserves it.

Laurie said...

Once I get in the groove of cleaning (accompanied by music and singing) I can almost enjoy it. Almost. I do enjoy the end result. Love seeing your name in the magazine! Whoot!

FlourishingPalms said...

One of the technical editors for Fons & Porter is in the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild. You must visit sometime! Until then, I might see you at market... if you aren't too swamped with customers placing huge orders!

girlsmama said...

I had to giggle a little when I read this. Because I know you. And I know how much cleanliness and order mean to you. :) I hope you get it back soon. Maybe someday you can teach me to appreciate it.

sclangs said...

There are a couple of those barn blocks on a farm near my house here in NC. I keep telling myself that I need to find out more about the ones here and try to go see them all!

Cherie said...

I hadn't heard about Quilty...can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Robin said...

OH clean toilets are a happy thing! Especially if you're not the one cleaning them, but that never happens in my house!
I love that magazine! There's alot of barns in Boone NC that have the quilts on them! I don't have a barn, but I do have a garden shed that is getting a block this summer! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin