Monday, May 28, 2012

V and Co: at the lake

 happy Memorial Day.
we are enjoying our family and the weather and our freedom due to all the sacrifices made in our behalf. every day is a blessing and i am so indebted to those who have made it that way. thank you for your service, thank you for your sacrifices, thank you for your valor. :)
today we are celebrating memorial day with a little bit of BBQ-ing and a little bit of lake. we are scoping this place out for future camping excursions.
this is the closest thing to a beach i've been to in a long time. it has made me super happy and somewhat nostalgic watching my kids play in the sand having my husband next to me complaining its hot, and having sand be in all the wrong places by the end of the day.
it.was.blissful.
:D
have a fantastic day.
i am.
talk to you soon.

6 comments:

trish said...

What a fun day. I miss water! ;o)
Please extend our thanks to Jake for his time serving our country. We are most grateful for those who have laid their lives down for our country. What a gift!

Happy Memorial Day!!
Trish xo

ps. All my Hopscotch blocks are completed, and I will put them together tomorrow morning. :o)

bethanndodd said...

What a perfect way to celebrate the day. Ours was pretty great as well. Smiles-Beth

Marci said...

thank you to you and jake for your sacrifices for our country! glad he was there with you safe and sound to complain about it being too hot.;D

Shelly said...

You are so lucky to have warm weather 32 degrees here and no sign of sun....we had snow last Friday....Yuck!

Leigh Anne said...

What a lovely day you had with your fam....so wish I didn't live 10+ hrs from a beach :)

girlsmama said...

My little bro got married over the weekend so we were HOME. You know where that is. It was lovely!

I'm glad your family was together this year. Thanks Jake!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin