Monday, March 23, 2009

it's full speed ahead spring

we had a lovely celebration of "oh my gosh i can't believe you have made it 11 years of waking up with my crazy butt every morning." he even bought me the movie. we havn't watched it yet...oh but we will...we will.
friday and saturday were beautiful and spent outside...i got to paint some too...more to come on that this week. prepare to be amazed...okay maybe not amazed but maybe have a little "ooh" moment. because the sun was out, i was wearing capris and in celebration of tanner leg season approaching i made a few springy broaches (coming soon to an etsy store near you). duh mine.i also started on a new tutorial for the moda bake shop using this honey bun...any guesses?
this weekend was also spent spring cleaning. we finally burned the last of our winter wood and that means i can finally dust and know it will last more than a nano second... it now last three nano seconds. oh exciting. and on a random note...

i eat cereal in the morning...

i don't really have great luck with cereal and yet i still eat it.

like.every.dang.morning.

this post is the perfect example of what i mean.

well as i'm pouring out my "honey buzzers" (yes we are cheap-os and buy the big bags 'o cereal over here) anywho...i was pouring out my cereal when i did a double take..."whaaaaat...is that a FACE?"...i then started searching the whole bowl and sure enough there are like 50 little creepy faces staring up at me...none of them smiling mind you. what the ...i hope my cereal isn't trying to tell me something...

recap:

*great "i can't believe you still love my crazy butt after 11 years" anniversary

*painted and spring cleaning

*tanning legs season=spring broach

*tutorial in the works

*creepy emo-faces staring at me in the morning

sounds like we're going to have a FANTABULOUS week in blogging. also look for your first 101 this week. i have to figure out when...but it'll happen

23 comments:

Priscilla said...

Perhaps they realised that spring was here, but they weren't about to enjoy it as you were just about to eat them.......

btw, I love that flower you have on your shirt - very fresh and springy!

Donna said...

I so enjoy reading your blog that I jumped over and read your cereal/cat food story. Reminded me on when my FIL helped himself to some "beef jerky" when we were camping (to his benefit,it WAS dark) and halfway into the second one, one of the kids informed him they were dog treats! He said he thought they tasted different but knew we had recently bought a dehydrater and had made some jerky with venison, so he thought it was a new recipe and didn't want to insult anyone! At least he didn't get sick!

Unknown said...

And those faces were not really suppose to be there? Some worker at the cereal company is obviously unhappy with his job!

Glad you had a great weekend! I made cute table runners.

Audrey said...

Your cereal is telling you to get up earlier and have a "real" breakfast!! The faces are pretty funny though - don't know if I'd want my cereal to be looking at me while I ate it.

Suzy said...

Enjoy your movie! Love the flower pin you wore this weekend. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

I think someone at the cereal company got bored that day and decided to play with your food.... haha

Cute!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Unknown said...

you need to take time for yourself! very cute blog. we are awaiting spring too and have seen a pair of robins searching for food this morning. Can't wait. It's been a long winter.

rachel griffith said...

yayyy to owning twilight!!!
boo to emo cereal!!!
haha.

can't wait to see what that honey bun turns into...

Angie said...

Love your broach. So adorable. The cereal thing is funny! I had a funny cereal blog post last week too with a gigantic bran flake that was so huge I had to eat it by hand. Looking forward to your tutorial and 101s!
Have a great day~ angie

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I so love your creative mind - have a great week!

Amy said...

Do you know how hard it was to sneak into your house and get all of those creepy little things into your cereal bag? You're welcome.

girlsmama said...

we enjoyed spring for several days, and today it's snowing. Blech. I'm off to check the cereal.

Betsy said...

I need to see that MOVIE! Can't find it anywhere around here.

Mindy said...

Your cereal is totally cracking me up!

Bella Della said...

I was reading this morning while eating my frosted flakes. THANK GOD my cereal was not making faces at me. That picture just makes my whole morning. Have a great Monday!

Stacy said...

Oh my god, your cereal is so funny!

My Slim-Fast shake is not half as entertaining.

jb1 said...

Honestly you totally crack me up! I look forward to each new post. Who else is brave enough to post a picture of their cereal and can actually pull it off?! Congrats on 11 years! We celebrated ours in Sept at which point I realized Jamey and I had been married almost as long as my parents before they divorced. Thankfully that isn't in our plans, but I kind of had a "holy cow we are getting old" moment (cause you know my parents were ancient - mid 30's - when they divorced!!). Yikes!

Sandy said...

Awesome cereal!

Magicaldamselfly said...

Yippieeee!!!! another tutorial, I love them.

3Ms +1N said...

My sister showed me your blog on friday and I am already hooked... um, it's Monday. :)
What a fun read you are & such great projects! Thank you for sharing, I will be back!
(I'm already making the easter basket for my son. . almost finished..)

oh- the cereal, yes- that is just a tad creepy

Rachel Holloway said...

Too funny V...you make me smile! Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Amanda Jean said...

we eat honey buzzers, too. i'll have to look for the creepy faces next bowl. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha u r hilarious!!!
love your blog!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin