Monday, January 19, 2009

so i had fun


but i have no pictures to show you of "twilight" country except this one because i was a moron and forgot my camera. GI Joe husband was great to send me this picture that i took of "us" with his pathetic camera and he was kind enough to look up "forks" on the google map. as sad as i was that it was 3 hours away i think he was excited that it was 3 hours away, so no, i did not go to forks, but i got a taste of washington. all i have to say is that it's wet and green with moss,fog and a ton of trees. i got so used to it being over cast that when the sun did peek through at times it hurt my eyes. HA! no wonder vampires can live there! i tired to get GI Joe husband to go to the movie with me but he wouldn't have any of it. he was all, and i quote, "it's like she took anything that was "cool" about vampires and threw it out the window." uh 'xscuse me did you not see his hair? and how hot he looked in his puffy blue jacket? how is that NOT "cool"? HELLO?!
i had a wonderful time just talking and laughing with him. i got the opportunity to almost miss the kids... we're both in shock that we only have around 11 days left without each other. i say around because we have a hint of a date that he'll be home but nothing is set in stone, so till then i will continue to sew, read, and organize like a mad woman. thank you for your kind wishes, yes i had fun, thank you for the comments about my quilt, yes i love it too, and hello to all you new followers to the blog, you are not unnoticed! ;) shall i start on some projects?

25 comments:

Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

We sure do appreciate the sun more here in this dreary state of ours. :) I'm so happy to hear you got to see him again and that he should be home soon. I have a feeling there will be very little crafting going on for awhile. :)

MegJill said...

So glad you had a good visit! I went to Washington, Seattle area, this last October and also saw why vampires chose there as a place to live! I too was sad to see how far away Forks was. We had planned a day to drive there and to the beaches, but knew it would be too much to be in the car that long again after the long trip there. I had a 3 month old baby and she was tired of the car! I was sad, but she did go to Mt. Rainier instead, and that was beautiful!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

So glad you had a good time, won't be long now til he's home for good!!!
~Karen~

K said...

Glad you had a good time and that you're back blogging!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Glad you guys had a good time!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Husbands are the best, really. I'm glad that your time was fun and that time is quicly coming to a close. yes . . . start on something new!

rachel griffith said...

'twilight' country.
jealous here.
{even though you didn't go to forks.}

and you know, my hubby said the same thing about her taking away all the cool parts about vampires...and my rebuttle was along the same lines of, "well he's SUPER hot!!!"

i'm glad yall saw each other.
and 11 days!!!
your kids are gonna be SO excited!!!

Anonymous said...

aw! glad you got to see your hubby! and i personally think the "feet" pic is pretty cute. and as a washingtonian i can definitely say that we *do* appreciate the sun more whenever we catch a glimpse of it!!

Kristine said...

I've been following your blog forever, so sorry that I didn't comment until now. (I'm from Apron Girls.) You have GREAT ideas and I love your quilts!! I am so happy that you get to be together with your husband soon.

Double D said...

Welcome back! I'm so happy for you and GI Joe. I am also thrilled you are back because I missed seeing your latest updates....sadly sometimes they are the only hightlight to my day. love ya, Joddy

Tanya said...

hey v...i am so glad you had fun! and that he will be home soon!!!

girlsmama said...

While we missed you, I'm glad you had fun! I'm so excited for you to have him home!

Anonymous said...

V, I am so happy for you. Tomorrow (1/20) there will be an award for you on my blog.

Renee at Cottage Lifestyle

Tiffany said...

Glad you had a good visit!
Those are the cutest shoes ever, where did you get them?

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

yay you're home and you had lots of fun! don't you just love washington, it's so pretty.
are you ready to party this weekend? we are sooo excited to see you!!

Carrie Stevenson said...

such a great feeling to know the time is almost at an end! Congrats!

Raspberry Leaf said...

Glad you got to visit with him! You should have come to visit us... ok not really since visiting us was the last thing you probably wanted to do after so long apart. Too bad you weren't here today! The sun is out without a cloud in the sky. A little cold but so gorgeous.

Four of a Kind said...

So glad you got to see your hubby for a few days! That's actually a really cute picture of the shoes since that seems to be a theme of yours! That's funny that you were in Washington and wanted to go to Forks. I finally got to see the movie a few weeks ago. And I actually watched it again last night. Shawn won't watch it with me either. But it's coming out on DVD March 21, so something to look forward to. Did you know that the author is in the movie? I thought that was pretty cool. Shawn re-enlists this week so we should know where we're going in the next few weeks.

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

I am so glad that you had fun! I have been checking your bog to see if you were back yet!

Kara said...

I'm so glad you got to go see him and glad he is going to be home to you soon. Josh still hasn't made it back to the team, still snowed out. He's been stuck in BAF for 2 weeks! So we are wondering how they are all going to get home in 3 weeks if it keeps snowing. Congrats on getting your hubby state side!! WHOOOHOOO!!

V and Co. said...

the shoes are "mudd girl" and they are the most comfy shoes i've ever owned, i love them.

Camille said...

So so so so so SO cute. So cute.

Deeanna said...

Thanks for sharing about your trip to Washington. :) I'm so glad that it is 2009, aren't you?

Sally said...

So glad you had a fun weekend!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin